Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sending complete PDF on eMail-submit

Former Community Member
Hi there,

Normally, only the xml-data file will be send on eMail-Submit. Is it possible to return the whole PDF file instead?

Greetings,

Jörg
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

You can send the PDF document instead of the XML Data.

Just follow the steps:

1 - Create a button (a normal one)

2 - In the object Tab >> Field tab, choose Submit as ControlType. It will open a second tab (next to Field tab) that says Submit

3 - In the Tab submit choose Submit As XML Data

4 - In the URL you can put:

mailto:user@mail.pt?subject=this is teh subject&cc=user@mail.pt&body=this is a example &bcc=user@mail.pt

Hope this helps,

Former Community Member
Hi,

if i use the XML as submit format, the xml is attached. if I use PDF as submit format, I get 'operation not allowed' error.

thanks for your help!

Level 2
Hi

You will have to ReaderExtend your PDF if you want to be able to submit your PDF with data, using Adobe Reader

Hope this helps

Søren Høy Nielsen

Former Community Member
When submitting the PDF to an Email address, is it possible to send the PDF with a different or customized filename? For example, if they are filling out myform.pdf, I would like the name of the pdf file that is emailed to be called something like COMPANYA.PDF. where "COMPANYA" is some text in a text field I have.

Former Community Member
Do you mean Object>Field>Type? I don't see Submit as control type in the drop-down list of types.

Former Community Member
I'm also using Livecycle, maybe that's the confusion.

Former Community Member
LiveCycle 8 here.

I have Email Submit Button set as the type. Field remains the only tab, I don't see a Submit tab.

Former Community Member
I succeeded in putting a button on my form to allow me to e-mail the actual PDF form but unfortunately, it only works once. I have a form that needs to be routed thru 2 or 3 people for signature. How can I make the submit button work to allow that? Any suggestions on maybe a better way?