Expand my Community achievements bar.

Scanning and tracing

Former Community Member
I'm kinda new to the LiveCycle Designer and I want to scan old forms and trace them in LiveCycle. Is it something possible?

For now, i'm inserting an image and I trace over it, but the problem is:

I don't know how to reduce the margins of the page to the minimum (read no margins) to place the image at the exact place I sanned it.

By the way, I'm using the trial version, but if I can do what I want, I think I'll buy it. But for now, there's only one or two things that this software is missing.
3 Replies

Level 5
You need to change the layout size of 'untitled Content Area' under Master page. Set the Width to 8.5in and Height to 11in and then change the X and Y coordinates to 0in. That sets all the pages in your document with no border. Master page and objects under Master Page can be selected in Hierarchy palette.

Let me know how that helps.

Good luck,

SekharN,

www.lawson.com

Former Community Member
Ok, thanks. And do you know if it is possible to use an image as a tracer (guidelines) that will be locked behind everything I'll add, and it won't be selectable? (I think I don't express myself well). If there's something not understandable please tell me.

Level 5
You can add any object to Master page and that object is visible to all pages but only selectable from Master page. That means you can add you scanned image to Master page and when you go to body page Image is visible as you are using a transparent medium. You can do what ever you want to on Body page not disturbing objects on Master page. You can remove the objects on Master page after you are done with them.

Good luck,

SekharN,

www.lawson.com