Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

08-04-2008

I need some help with LiveCycle.

I've created a form that will be sent to several people to fill out. Once they fill it out, they will need to save the form as a non-fillable file (normal PDF?) and send on to others to be read-only. The form will not come back to me.

I cannot figure out how to enable the form to be saved as a normal, non-changeable PDF.

Also, the only option seems to be that the form is returned to me. I don't want that, either.

Thank you!

Tricia

Replies

Level 1
BjornStr
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
BjornStr
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
BjornStr
Level 1

16-08-2012

Hi all,

This scrip works like a charm when doing this:

1. Open the form in Adobe reader

2. Fill it

3. Press the "lock" button

4. Save and close

5. Reopen in Adobe reader; the fields can not be edited

However, and unfortunately, some of the users of my form are opening the saved and locked form in PDF Exchange (not an adobe product), and are able to edit it. I havent tested it in other PDF applications, but I fear this might be true to more than PDF Exchange!

I am at a loss here. No idea how to solve this problem, and the viable ONLY sollution for this specific form is to lock it the way the script does it.

Any ideas?

Most gratefully

/B

Level 1
SJ3ff
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
SJ3ff
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
SJ3ff
Level 1

21-09-2012

Looking at Paul's script is there a way to perform the lock and then email the locked form to in a one button click? In other words, the user fills in the form, clicks the Submit button that would lock the form and then email it to a user.

Level 1
CGM8130
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
CGM8130
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
CGM8130
Level 1

15-11-2012

Hi Paul,

I think I have the same need as a lot of people here and your script may work for me too. 

I have created a form in Livecycle Designer ES2.  It is a fillable PDF that will be posted on our intranet for our maintenance staff to complete.  I used a "Submit by Email" to have the completed form emailed to me.  My problem is that the pdf attachment I receive can be edited and I need it to be locked.  Will your script accomplish this?

I would also like to make the same form a template so they cannot save the information in the original form.

My email is cmarques@ahfc.us

Thank you for your help.

Carmen

Level 1
greunen
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
greunen
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
greunen
Level 1

13-12-2012

Please help!!??

I have exactly the same issue. I was requested to create an invoice template for a client. I created the template using InDesign and Adobe Acrobat to create the form fields.

Once i send the pdf form to my client he should be able to fill in the form with his customer's details and then save and send a locked pdf via email to his customer to be reviewd and payd.

How can i acchive this? I like the option of being able to add a button that can save and send the pdf after the fields have been completed.

my email: nvggraphics@gmail.com

Validate 1
Level 10
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

646 likes

Total Posts

4,352 posts

Correct Reply

786 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Validate 1
Level 10
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

646 likes

Total Posts

4,352 posts

Correct Reply

786 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

14-12-2012

Hi,

The Lock All Fields example was created in LiveCycle Designer and cannot be directly transferred into an AcroForm (eg a form created in Acrobat).

You would need to add script to a button that sets each field to read only. For example,

this.getField("invoiceAmount").readOnly = true;

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1
Solution2013
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
Solution2013
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Solution2013
Level 1

08-03-2013

This is exactly the script I'm needing. Can you please email the sample to jhoffman@solutionary.com?

Level 1
sbdance2
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
sbdance2
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
sbdance2
Level 1

15-03-2013

Hi,

Can I also have that information.  I spent the afternoon trying to figure it out.

Thank you

email:  sandyjk2@yahoo.com

Level 1
Westates_Keith
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
Westates_Keith
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Westates_Keith
Level 1

18-03-2013

Can you email me the script as well please?  keithsantaana@gmail.com I've been looking for the exact same thing!  Thanks

Validate 1
Level 10
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

646 likes

Total Posts

4,352 posts

Correct Reply

786 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Validate 1
Level 10
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

646 likes

Total Posts

4,352 posts

Correct Reply

786 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10

18-03-2013

Hi,

If you look back up through this thread, the script is provided in an attached form. I think on page 6 of the thread.

There are also screenshots showing how where to place the script object in your form and how to reference the script.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1
Westates_Keith
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
Westates_Keith
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Westates_Keith
Level 1

18-03-2013

Hi Niall,

I'm still very new to this but I'm trying to design a fillable pdf form at work for my sales reps to use on their tablets, smartphones or laptops when they are out on the field. The pdf I am trying to design is a sales order write up.  The purpose is so the sales rep can use this form to enter an order, quantity, desciption of product, mail date, expiration date, ect.  I would also like the ability to have the form time and date stamped according to when the sales order was placed.  Once the sales rep has filled up the form, the file needs to be locked/finalized/uneditable and emailed it to me at work.  At the moment I have to deal with sales reps writing their orders down on a piece of paper and trying to decypher their horrible handwriting. Some reps will make the effort to send emails or texts but are so limited with their information that it makes my work difficult to move forward.  By providing the sales reps with a fillable pdf form with drop down menus and items to select from, taking new orders will be a more pleasant experience.

If you could point me to the right direction with links and samples that would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the type of form I'm trying to design, is it possible to create this as a standalone pdf form?

Let me know if you would be able to help me with this.

Best Regards,

Keith