Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

Former Community Member
I need some help with LiveCycle.

I've created a form that will be sent to several people to fill out. Once they fill it out, they will need to save the form as a non-fillable file (normal PDF?) and send on to others to be read-only. The form will not come back to me.

I cannot figure out how to enable the form to be saved as a normal, non-changeable PDF.

Also, the only option seems to be that the form is returned to me. I don't want that, either.

Thank you!

Tricia
385 Replies

Former Community Member
sounds like it might solve my problem too..

can you send?

freouwebbe@msn.com

thanks in advance

Level 1

Hi Paul

If you could please send me the script that would be great:

[personal info deleted by mod]

Also wanted to say Thank You for sharing

C.

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Do you still have the script, i would be very interested...

Thanking you in advance.

Lise

(Email Removed)

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

another one is interested in this script. Please send it also to me

akoehler@macnews.de

Thank you very much

Andreas

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Could you please send the sript to me as well.. Iam stuck in same place.

my mail id:  sbijoy80@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Level 1

Would you mind sharing the script with me as well? chad[at]cheliusgraphicservices.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul.

anotherone interested in your script. Newbie to livecycle but its solved a lot of problems i have needed to overcome already! hopefully this solves the last one.

tribblehunter@btinternet.com

Many thanks

Brian

Level 1
Yes, Paul. I'm ready for it. Converting my documents to Live Cycle now. JDMAWoods@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a preprinted form that I had scanned and saved in .PDF format. I have added form fields to this form. I want people to fill in the field in Adobe Reader and have the form visible in screen but invisible when printed. In other words, I want only the data printed in my preprinted form.

Thank you

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a preprinted form that I had scanned and saved in .PDF format. I have added form fields to this form. I want people to fill in the field in Adobe Reader and have the form visible in screen but invisible when printed. In other words, I want only the data printed in my preprinted form.

Thank you

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I'm also interested in your code. Could you please send it to me? My email is fonsvannuland@hotmail.com.

thanks in advance.

Former Community Member
Paul, could you email me that usefull code. thanks

c.prado@vtr.net

Former Community Member
Good Day Paul, I have a similar problem to Diana Pouppirt,

However, I use CenopDf to create fillable PDF forms. Wherecna I download LiveCycle? Is it an add on product to Acrobat or a different program all together?

My Scenario:

I create the fillable forms then post it on our web site (it is a registration form I created). The customers complete the form online on the website then either print the fill out or fill online then print then fax it back to the HR department. Is there anyway for the online filled-out PDF form to be emailed to the HR department with the filled-in information? Since the customer is filling out the form, how can I have that form emailed back to our HR department without having the customer print out that form?

If you feel your code can work for me then please send it to me.

Hopefully, my explanation make sense.

go2fellow@gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

KHB, Jr.

Former Community Member
Livecycle is a server based product separate from Acrobat. A trial version can be downloaded for the Devnet site.

Reader provides you limited functionality (viewing the PDF, printing the file etc). It is similar functionality to what is in your browser when viewing a web page. You can enhance the functionality of Reader on a form by form basis by Reader Extending the form. A subset of Reader Extensions exists in Acrobat (locally saving and Digitial Signatures) but the full Reader Extensions functionality can only be applied by LiveCycle Server (things like commenting, Database and web service access, etc..).

Emailing the form is standard browser functionality and Reader Extensions is not required for this action. So if all you want to do is email the file back to an email address no additional product is nneded. You may have to write a script to contol the email but that is all.

Level 7

Paul:

I'm interested in the script you're proposing. Can you send it please?

Thanks

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,I'm very interested in a checking out your code.

Thank you so much for your time!

leapfish@hotmail.com