Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

Former Community Member
I need some help with LiveCycle.

I've created a form that will be sent to several people to fill out. Once they fill it out, they will need to save the form as a non-fillable file (normal PDF?) and send on to others to be read-only. The form will not come back to me.

I cannot figure out how to enable the form to be saved as a normal, non-changeable PDF.

Also, the only option seems to be that the form is returned to me. I don't want that, either.

Thank you!

Tricia
385 Replies

Level 1
Hi Paul,

Could you send me your script, please? My email is cdclark601@comcast.net

Thanks!

Carol

Former Community Member
This is exactly what I've been charged with trying to figure out in our company forms. I'm using Adobe Arobat Pro 8.0. Is LiveCycle an add on product to Acrobat or a different program all together?

As stated above, I create the forms then send them to others within the company to "use". They complete as needed (example, a quotation for a customer) and then forward on to someone else (never back to me) and they need to be locked before they do that. I need something very simple the users can do to lock the form fields prior to sending out.

Any and all help would be sincerely appreciated!

Email address: dpouppirt@fremontind.com

Level 1

Please help!!??

I have exactly the same issue. I was requested to create an invoice template for a client. I created the template using InDesign and Adobe Acrobat to create the form fields.

Once i send the pdf form to my client he should be able to fill in the form with his customer's details and then save and send a locked pdf via email to his customer to be reviewd and payd.

How can i acchive this? I like the option of being able to add a button that can save and send the pdf after the fields have been completed.

my email: nvggraphics@gmail.com

Level 10

Hi,

The Lock All Fields example was created in LiveCycle Designer and cannot be directly transferred into an AcroForm (eg a form created in Acrobat).

You would need to add script to a button that sets each field to read only. For example,

this.getField("invoiceAmount").readOnly = true;

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Niall,

I'm still very new to this but I'm trying to design a fillable pdf form at work for my sales reps to use on their tablets, smartphones or laptops when they are out on the field. The pdf I am trying to design is a sales order write up.  The purpose is so the sales rep can use this form to enter an order, quantity, desciption of product, mail date, expiration date, ect.  I would also like the ability to have the form time and date stamped according to when the sales order was placed.  Once the sales rep has filled up the form, the file needs to be locked/finalized/uneditable and emailed it to me at work.  At the moment I have to deal with sales reps writing their orders down on a piece of paper and trying to decypher their horrible handwriting. Some reps will make the effort to send emails or texts but are so limited with their information that it makes my work difficult to move forward.  By providing the sales reps with a fillable pdf form with drop down menus and items to select from, taking new orders will be a more pleasant experience.

If you could point me to the right direction with links and samples that would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the type of form I'm trying to design, is it possible to create this as a standalone pdf form?

Let me know if you would be able to help me with this.

Best Regards,

Keith

Former Community Member
Huge interest in this string. I have the same interest. Has one of the people who received the file, tried it?

Former Community Member
I've received the file (and thank you so much). Getting ready to walk through it.

I do not have LiveCycle Designer ES -- do I have to have that to make this work? (Sorry for being such a novice here!)

Former Community Member
Yes you will need to have Designer to see what it does then to take the code and use it on your form.

Level 1
I would appreciate this info too.

creynolds@icc.illinois.gov

THANKS!

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I am also interested in this script.Please send it to me

preeti_chaurasia8@rediffmail.com

Level 2

Hi

Can you also send me the script, my email is manoj_goel@msn.com

Thanks in advance.

manoj

Level 7
could you send me a copy

aditya.shah@gsinc.com

Thanks !

Level 1
Paul, you are VERY Popular with this script of yours. Would it work pasted into a button click in Adobe 8 Professional? I haven't converted the document to LiveCycle yet and would prefer not to. Could you send it to JDMAWoods@gmail.com for me to try? Thanks!

Former Community Member
The form must be an XFA document (created in Designer) not an AcroForm (created in Acrobat). Do you still want it?

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I am also interested in this script.Please send it to me

hjuliett@aol.com

Thank you very much

Julischka