Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

Former Community Member
I need some help with LiveCycle.

I've created a form that will be sent to several people to fill out. Once they fill it out, they will need to save the form as a non-fillable file (normal PDF?) and send on to others to be read-only. The form will not come back to me.

I cannot figure out how to enable the form to be saved as a normal, non-changeable PDF.

Also, the only option seems to be that the form is returned to me. I don't want that, either.

Thank you!

Tricia
385 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

The topic of this thread is of interest to me as well. I have a form that we are using to create a document that we want to save as a uneditable pdf that we will send to our customers. What I would like to be able to do is to create the form in lifecycle, with a "button" on it for the person to lock the form with the data in it, and save the document as a new pdf.

schadt.richard@basco.com

Level 2

Hi Paul,

I am a newbie to LifeCycle Designer 8 but have had great success creating fillable forms that can be accessed through our intranet.  Once the form has been completed by people using Adobe Reader I would like them to submit the form by email but I do not want the recipients to be able to change the information submitted on the form. (I have also chosen the Acrobat 8 Pro option "Enable User Rights in Adobe Reader")

Do you have a script that would help me prevent the recipients from changing the submitted information?  If so please send to: pmiles@cloverdalepaint.com

thanks, Peter

Former Community Member

The sample was posted in th eprevious post to this one ...you can simply grab it from there.

Paul

Former Community Member

Simply add code to the script to check for the button name and when you get it do not lock it.

This means that the button will always be available.

Paul

Level 2

hiii

I have acrobat pro 8 and live cycle desig. 8

When i applu usage rigths from live cycle , its give error while opeing in abode reader.

It shows error such as ' usage rights are too old....................................................'.

Plz help.

Level 1

Paul,

I'm new at XML coding. I tried plugging in the code you posted above, but after the form is emailed and recieved it is still able to be edited. i'm not exactly where the code should be put in my program.

Former Community Member

Post your form and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

Have you had a chance to take a look at my form? I still cannot find the correct place to put your code in my form.

Former Community Member

Sorry ..this one must have slipped through the cracks. I modified your form to add the code. There is a new scripting objct that actually locks the fields. It accepts a parameter that tells it what section to start locking the form. For this reason I wrapped all of the fields in a subform and passed that subform into the function. If you want to add anything to be locked to the form then make sure that it is inside of this subform.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you this is exactly what I need. I downloaded the form and opened it up in acrobat pro but not sure how to get to the script in it. What am i doing wrong?

Level 10

You need to open the form in LiveCycle Designer and then Windows -> Script Editor to get to the Scripting in the form.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

I would really like to get a copy of this script and directions on

where to place it in the XML language.

Ultimately I would like the fillable pdf form I created to be locked after a person fills it in and emails it back using the submit button, so that I receive a pdf with no fillable form fields.

Thank you

Level 2

Hello! Is is possible to write a script which locks only the fields which are filled in? And then is possible to re-open the saved form and fill in the next series of "open" fields, and resave it again, locking any additional fields which have been filled in? I want my user to complete the form in three stages.