Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving Edits on a Form

Former Community Member
Howdy and thanks for reading this.

I have a very basic form (only text fields, no drop downs or anything fancy) that I want to distribute.

People are supposed to fill out the form and save it on their local work computer. The form is compatible with Acrobat version 6 and above and is a static file. I am able to bring up the form and in Acrobat--fill out the fields and save the changes--so when I reopen the file in Acrobat, the fields are STILL filled in with my last input. HOWEVER, when I email the blank form to other users, they are unable to save any of the imputed fields on their computers...How can I fix that?

Thanks a million for any and all help!

Matt

Cambridge, MA
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I think I just answered my own question by reading several posts down!!

Former Community Member
Hi Matt,

I have the same problem but can't find an answer. Can you help me?

Tine

Former Community Member
You cannot save the form in Reader because it is not Reader Extended to allow this functionality. There is a server product that will turn on rights in Reader to allow this (as well as many other functions), as well if all you want to do is save the form then you can use the Reader Extensions application in Acrobat. Note that if you use the Acrobat method that the license limits you to 500 users of that form.

Assuiming that you are using Acrobat to do this, open the form in Acrobat, under the Advanced menu choose "Extend Featites in Adobe Reader".

Former Community Member
How I fixed the problem:

I saved my form as a version 6 PDF (static). I then opened up the saved PDF in Acrobat Writer Professional and clicked on Enable usage Rights in Adobe Reader (under the advanced menu on top).

Seems like an easy fix to me...then again it also took me a good hour to figure this out (by clicking on different topics within this forum!).

Matt