Expand my Community achievements bar.

Save Options for my forms

Former Community Member
I've designed some forms using Adobe designer but now when my clients fill them out they can't save then edit. They can only save as a pdf which locks in the changes. I need them to be able to save then go back and make edits and not have to start over each time.

I'd love for someone to help point me in the right direction as I'm stuck.

Thanks much.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
This is what I would LIKE to do with my form. I want the blank form to be on the web, once the user to completes it, be able to keep a completed static copy in PDF format. I further want the emailed copy to become a static PDF so no changes can be made after submittal.

This is what I have done that might be what you are trying to accomplish:

Created a form in livecysle designer, saved as Acrobat (static) PDF form, Published to Repository, Opened the file in Acrobat Pro (not livecycle designer) and enabled usage rights. To do this, Go to the Advanced option on the toolbar and select "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader" which will require you to save the file again.

Former Community Member
I am currently working in Adobe Designer 8. After the form has been filled out and I select the "Submit by Email" button, how do I get the attachment to show as a .pdf file instead of a .xml file?

Thanks

Level 2
Hi Tammi,

I don't know wether you've already found the solution for this (many people have had the same issue, and there are several posts about it) - but if you haven't, I hope this helps:

In your form, do as follows:

Add a button (not the email submit button, just the "button")

Set the Control type to Submit(under your Object tab)

On the Submit tab (under your Object tab), add "mailto:name@domain.com" in the Submit to URL box

Change the Submit As drop down to 'PDF' (your other options are XML, XDP and FDF)

Save the form

Open the form in Adobe Professional 8.0 (not livecycle designer)

Go to the Advanced option on the toolbar and select "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader" which will require you to save the file again.

And the you're ready to go!

Zoe

NOTE: If you want to distribute to more than 500 users, you will require Adobe Reader Extensions Licenses.