Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Rich text functionality on PDF

Former Community Member
Hi,

My XML data contains XHTML information in it. I have made sure that field format is set to 'Rich Text' and Data Format is set to 'XHTML' in the XDP file, it does not display the data at all and also gives the error message that exData is unable to support the specified conent. Hint(p).

Please help me how to get the XHTML data displayed with RTF format.

Pls find below the snippet of XML.

My name high

12 Replies

Former Community Member
When I have done this before the XML will carry the XHTML commands not the result of those commands. Once you bind the data to a field it needs to be loaded to be interpretted. If you post your email address I will send you a sample.

Former Community Member
Thank you very much Paul. <br />I sent XML like this only but when I posted in the forum, browser interpretted and did not show the XHTML.<br /><br />"<Comments><br /><p_dummy>My name<span style="font-size: xx-large;"> <strong_dummy>high</strong></strong_dummy></p_dummy><br /></Comments>"<br /><br />My email address is 'choudharyRavinder@johndeere.com'

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

We are trying something similar but in our case the HTML is escaped in the XML that we send to the form server. We would like it to be rendered on the form somehow (rich text or anything).

Is this in anyway possible? Perhaps via unescaping or something.

Regards

Lars

Former Community Member
Are you saying that the XML contains HTML commands on how to display the text?

Former Community Member
Yes, it's just html we would like to be rendered in a rich text field.

Thanks

Former Community Member
The rich tect fields in Designer/Acrobat use XHTML formats. If you create one, enter rich text information and export the data you will see the format that is required. You woudl have to massage your data to translate the HTML commands into XHTML commands in the format that we expect.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Thanks for Your reply.

I have inspected the format required by the rich text field and I have successfully rendered a small xhtml example.

The tags that the rich text field can render, however seems very limited. As I see it the rich text only renders paragraphs and urls.

When I try putting in a table or a header, the xhtml is not rendered.

Can you confirm that that is the case, please?.

Former Community Member
There is only a subset of XHTML supported. The tags that do the things that are displayable by the richTextControl. No additional tags (like table or header) are supported.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

could you please send me this example,too ?

I also have to display xhtml as formated rich text, but the textfield only shows the xhtml text instead of some formatet text.

my email: blaumann_bing@web.de

kind regards

Former Community Member
hi Paul I am also facing the same issue can you please send me the xml file so i can also use this solution.I have to fill the pdf Form with the different size of font.I am trying but it is not working in my case.If you send me the xml to the following email id I would really appreciate your help.

Email ID:- rsoni@solu-soft.com

Thanks,

Rahul Soni.