Expand my Community achievements bar.

Retreive data from submitted PDF form

Former Community Member
I am so new with LiveCycle that I don't even know for sure if I am in the right forum or even if I am asking the right questions. So, I apologize in advance. Please forgive me and be gentle ;-)

If this is not the correct forum, could someone please direct me to the correct one?

I have a client that has a form already designed with designer (although I had to go in and make quite a few changes). They want to put this form on our intranet, allow users to be able to fill out the form and then save the form (not just the XML data) to one of our file servers. Now, I have read through the various forums and find that we cannot email the form (which they do not want to do anyway) because we do not have 'Reader Extensions'. We are using LiveCycle 7.0.

Now my background is a lot of VB and a little C++ and HTML 4. The JavaScripts in designer don't seem to difficult, so I probably could figure out Java if I had some examples. I have the "LiveCycle Forms 7.0 Installation Verification Sample" site set up on our server and I can get all of the sample forms to show up and I can enter data, but the data does not seem to go anywhere. I can't even get any XML data for any of them.

I am assuming that we need some Java servlet on the web server to gather the submitted data and then render it into a 'flattened' form (is this a Seed Form, maybe?), but I don't have a clue how to do that.

Any pointers, clues, samples, or other help that anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA,

Bob Mathis
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hello Bob, I saw you posting, and see no one responded. I was just wondering since it been almost a year since your post it, I was wondering if you ever got an answer and would you be willing to share with me, since I have the same problem.