Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Replace original document

Former Community Member
Hello

I started a new form convertet from a word document. I have then put in lots of text boxes with tool tip text etc (lots of work). I now see that i have to make changes to the original word document but i dont want to start all over. Is there a way for the Livecycle designer to replace the old with the new document and still keep all the text boxes etc that i have added allready?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
No....when you do the import of word it creates XFA objects to represent the original word offerings. There is no relationship kept with the original file.

You could import the new word file as a new file and then copy and paste all of the checkboxes (with a multi-select) to the new doc.

Hope that helps

Former Community Member
Hello Paul

Thx m8, that helps alot. At least i dont have to make it all over again. I think there should be such a update solution, dont you?.

Another question while i got you "hooked"

When the user returns the form i only get xml as a return option. Is there another solution, such as the user pressing submit form and i get it back in a normal pdf form (only filled out)

Thanks in advanced :)

Former Community Member
Yes ...with the submit button highlighted, on the Object palette there is a Submit tab. On that tab there is a Submit As drop down, in that drop down choose PDF ..... now the entire PDF will be submitted.

Former Community Member
Hello again

In my Object palette (when submit to Email button is highlighted) there is no Submit tab. According to help documents i should have one as you mention. Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Former Community Member
I assume you grabbed the Submit by Email button. This is a specially designed button that simplifies the UI for the button but it does the same thing. I never use that but you can use the mailto adjustment technique I mentioned earlier if you want to continue using it.

I prefer to use a button off of the Standard palette, then set it up as a Submit button (then that tab will appear).

Make sense?

Former Community Member
That was the problem yes. When i importet i asked if i wanted a submit by email button, and i answered yes to that. problem is as you mentioned that when highlighted there are no Submit tab (silly tbh).

Did as you said, used a standard button and it was all good. Think i will always use standard button from now on, since it more flexible.

Thank you so much for helping me out, I really appriciate it :)

Former Community Member
Torbjørn,

I just saw your original post. Under Edit, there is a selection called Replace Artwork. If you base your form on a PDF, you can use that to update the underlying form.

Kirk