Expand my Community achievements bar.

Regarding the sample files using LiveCycle Designer

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have been trying the sample files given by Adobe. There is 1 sample file that shows the master pages. I am now trying out the phonebill-first.xdp. I clicked on the Preview page and it shows the first name, last name and all the phone bills.Everything is fine and dandy until I tried to recreate the samples. I tried to connect the XML schema(phonebill.xsd) using a default data connection. Once I have done that, I tried to data-bind and once I clicked on the PDF Preview pages, it did not show any data. Hmmm....strange.

I believe there must be a trigger to trigger the data from the xml source file. Somehow, I couldn't find it. So frustrating!

BTW, may I know how does a person get the XML schema apart from coding?

Thanks for reading!
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you specify the data file in File->Form Properties->Defaults? If not you'll need to otherwise there will be no data to merge in.

There are various tools available for making the creating of XML Schemas easier. One popular one is XML Spy from Altova. You could try doing a google search if you're interested in seeing what's out there.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Though I manage to view the data now, I am now tring to figure out why in the example they have some areas that have {FirstName} or {LastName}. How do you get there? If I just bind it to a textfield, I don't get the curly braces. Strange. I don't think you typed that in because I tried typing in and in the PDF Preview it just shows back {FirstName}. I believe it is a placeholder just like in Dreamweaver. How do you get that?

Thanks for reading!