Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Recording and Playback feature is now in Public Beta!

Level 4

Thanks a lot for your participation in the Recording private beta! We've found and eliminated a bunch of bugs thanks to your help, and we're excited to announce that Recording is now in Public Beta, meaning all LCCS users can try it out.

In the course of fixing bugs, we were forced to make some changes to the service - this means that NEW RECORDINGS WON'T WORK unless you update your client SDKs. While we're extremely cautious about backwards-compatibility for features that are out of beta, in this case we had to reserve the right to make changes before we come out of beta. Playback of existing recordings should be unaffected by this change.  Please refer to our Recording sample app to get started (located inside the SDK folder).  There is also a HowTo document attached to this posting.

We have one final round of work to do before we can declare Recording production-ready. This will be adding authentication to your recordings, as well as metering, quota management, and billing for those recordings. This will likely mean another set of changes to the service that may introduce compatibility issues, so please be aware of this up front, and thanks again for all the support.

Nikola

LCCS Team

5 Replies

Level 3

In the LCCS-RecordingandPlaybackHOWTO.pdf, it mentiones that:

You can use this API to register the repository server and enable recording and playback. Please refer to the documentation found at http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/lccs/LiveCycle+Collaboration+Service for detailed information.

But, I don't see anyinformation about recording and playback or any documentation relating to this in the docs.

Can you clarify?

Thanks,

David

Level 4

Hi David,

I think our documentation got stuck en route.  Please bear with us few more days as we update our learn.adobe.com pages.

In the meantime, please use the following API on AccountManager:

API name: AccountManager.registerRepository

Signature: AccountManager.registerRepository(repositoryEndpoint, securityToken)

Description: Registers a recording repository for the account by specifying a repository endpoint URL to use for storing and retrieving meeting recordings. The optional securityToken parameter is currently unused.

Parameters:

repositoryEndpoint,     the URL to the developer provided recording repository server to which LCCS should store meeting recordings

securityToken,     currently unused

Hope this helps,

Nikola

Former Community Member

Hi there

I am trying to register an endpoint for my recordings with lccs.php but I cant seem to get anything at all to work.  Just checking if this is possible?  If so, any tips?

Thanks

Level 4

Hi MarcRich,

Yes, registering an archive repository endpoint with lccs.php should be possible.  First thing is to ensure you have the most recent lccs.php which came with our latest SDK release.  Are you running into any particular problem?

Thanks,

Nikola

Former Community Member

Nothing specific but the new SDK worked wonders...  Had written somethign similar but I had a slight mistake which threw me an error.. All worked fine now.

Thanks for the help.