Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reader v8 doesn't display Submit By Email dialog box

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have a dynamic form I created with Livecycle Designer v7 which includes a Submit by Email button. When the form is used with the Reader v7, clicking this button displays a dialog box which asks the user to select their email method (desktop app or webmail). But when this button is clicked in Reader v8.0, this dialog box is not displayed - it just proceeds as though the desktop app was selected. This is very not good for my users, about half of whom use webmail. According to
this Adobe help document, the Reader v8.0
should also display this dialog box. Does anyone have any information that might help me solve this problem?

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the form.

Thank you in advance!
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Wow...I posed this almost 2 months ago and haven't received a single response. Is there NOBODY out there who has some feedback on this situation?

Former Community Member
And I have a similar problem.

I've created a form to be downloaded, completed and then the famous submit by email.

When testing the form I press the button and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Former Community Member
Anthony,

That's mostly likely a different issue. Can you post a copy of the file so I can see it?

Nick

Former Community Member
I also have this issue.

I have created a form with Adobe Life Cycle Designer so whoever completes the form can submit the answer by simply clicking on the submit by email button. A XML data file is then generated and sent back to me by email.

Normally, when clicking on the button, the user gets a popup message that gives the user a choice of email services (Desktop Email Application, Internet Email or other.

This works fine when using Acrobat Reader 7. However, for whatever reason, it does not work when using Acrobat Reader 8 unless a Desktop email application such as Outlook is activated and configured with a profile. The message that I get instead (refer to the pdf attached to see the image), when no profile is created on the desktop application.

I looked in the documentation of Acrobat Reader 8 and saw that the users should get same the same choice as in Acrobat 7. To make matter worse, this second popup message refers to an email icon in the control panel that does not exist in the control panel of Windows XP.

Unless I fix this problem, I will not be able to use the Adobe form as planned. I must be sure that form users can send their data back to me after completing the form without having to create a profile in whatever email application they have on a computer. Can you help me?

Former Community Member
I have the same problem. My form was created using Adobe LiveCycle v7. Clicking on Submit by Email using Adobe Acrobat 8 does not open to a dialog asking the user with three email client options.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have found a solution!

- Open your form with "Acrobat professional 8"

- Form/Distribute Form

- Save and send Later

- Deliver Option: Put the EmailAdress

- Data collection file: Put a fileName with a Path

- Save location: Put a fileName with a Path

Later distribute this file to the users which have to fill the

form.

antonio.auricchio@chuv.ch

Former Community Member
Sorry!

This solution allow only to send the data in pdf format!

The problem to send in xml format with the dialog box which asks the user to select their email method is not resolved.

Former Community Member
This is rather irritating as I have upgraded all my terminal servers to version 8 after finding that version 7 of reader caused the file sizes to increase when submitting the completed pdf form.

Former Community Member
Hello

I have a similar requirement wherein I have to allow the user to select an email client.

Right now, the dialog box is not displayed to ask user to select an email client.

the form should be attached as PDF and the "To" address will be dynamically populated depending on a selection in the form.