Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reader Extension and Submit Button

Former Community Member
Hi,

I reader extended a form with the Reader extension web application.

The issue is when I start the process in the workspace and my form is open, the submit is not embed anymoe in the workspace.

How could I fix that ?
14 Replies

Level 3
When a PDF Form is shown in Workspace, the LC server actually attempts to make a modification to the form (called "augmentation") in which a scripting bridge is added to the form. This happens inside the Render Service used to show the form. Workspace needs this to happen so that it can instruct Acrobat/Reader in the browser to hide the submit button, thus allowing the Workspace UI buttons to be used instead. I know that if the PDF Form is signed then LC will not attempt to make this modification in case it breaks the signature. This is what might be happening here because when you reader extend a PDF there is actually a signature applied.

If this is the cause I can think of two suggestions off hand:

- You might consider Reader Extending the Form on demand as part of your render service by uploading your Reader Extensions Credential (the p12 / .PFX file) to Trust Store and then using it with the Reader Extensions Service in a new version of your render service.

- You can use LC Designer to add the "Form Bridge" to your form before you reader extend it with the web application and place it in your repository.

Former Community Member
Thanks a lot for the explanations, I'll try to reader extended my form in my rendre service.

In the Apply USage Rigths service, I can't find the database and webservice connectivity as there is on the web application.

Edit : I put the form bridge Object in my form and then use the reader extension web application on it but the button is still in the form not in the embed in the Workspace.

Former Community Member
Is the button on your form of type submit (i.e. look at the properties of the button)?

Former Community Member
The button is the submit button from the process fields. It is a regular button with script in it.

Former Community Member
What version of Reader are you using? And what browser and version too?

Former Community Member
I'm using IE v6.0.3790 and AcrobatReader 9. I will try with the Reader 8 as soon as I have time.

Former Community Member
I'm not seeing the problem with this combination. Is it possible to send me the pdf to obiwon.adobe@gmail.com

Former Community Member
I have use the usage rigths service in my rendering process and it works.

Level 10
The regular button from the process fields actually calls a hidden submit button called "FSSubmit_" that is also part of the process fields.

That's the button you want to check the submit type.

Jasmin

Level 9
Try adding the Form Bridge in your form design, AND remove the form augmenter service from the default render process.

Howard

Former Community Member
I don't know if you just answered this question, because I didn't really understand.

But I have created an interative form in adobe reader 7.0 profession, but when I send it to a client that only has adobe reader, she can fill it out but is unable to save it and send it to me filled out.

How do I reslove this?

Thank you!

Level 2
Do you need to extend the form using reader extension client? Another option would be to reader extend the form in the Render service you configured for your form variable...

For your interactive form, to confirm, you created it using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0? If so, did you enable it for Workspace? See http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_workbench_82?context=Workbench_ES&topic=learn_lc_qsAcrobatForm

If it is a form you created in Designer ES, let me know and I'll direct you to the docs that explain how to setup your form for use in Workspace ES.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
Hi there,

thanks for your help. Im EXTREMELY new to this, and don't really understand. I created the form in Illustator then saved it as a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.

Level 2
Sorry, lost this post.

You cannot create a form in Illustrator and then create the PDF from it. You need to create the form in Designer ES or Acrobat Professional. Acrobat allows you create interactive forms.

Try walking through the tutorial http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_firstApplication_82. You might also want to browse some of the Overview documentation to give you better idea of LiveCycle ES at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_overview_82. All the LiveCycle ES documentation is located at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_documentation_82.

Hope that helps to get you started.