Expand my Community achievements bar.

Read-Only after signed.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I am trying to make some forms that can be filled out, digitally signed and made read-only when the content is sent back to us. I have been through most of these forums and looked at a lot of samples and can't find how to do something in Live Cycle Designer that was easily done in Acrobat Pro. I have the forms done, but one problem. I want to make the local form read only once digitally signed, and/or the data submitted via e-mail.

In Acrobat, you simply go to the Digital Signatures - Properties - Signed Tab and select the box for Mark as read-only.

In live Cycle Designer though, it has me delving into java scripts (which I know a little bit about but not a programmer) and such but none of that is clear on the subject. So, I was looking to these forums to see if someone could help this old jar head out.

Thanks
3 Replies

Former Community Member
For making document read-only after signing in LiveCycle Designer, click the signature field in Design View and go to the Object palette. Under the Document Signature tab, select All Fields in Document.

Former Community Member
Good Morning,

Derek S Jones, which Adobe Designer Version are you talking about?

I'm trying Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0, and I can't find any "Document Signature tab" on the Signature's field Object palette!

Have I to configurate any toolbar?

Thanks a lot.

Former Community Member
Hello,

Finally I get it!

It was correct in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0!