Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Radio Buttons To Make Subforms Visible

Level 2
I am using the selection of radio buttons by the user to specify which subform is visible. However, whenever I open this program in Reader and click on a radio button, the screen becomes disorganized and the scroll bar on the right side of the screen begins to jump up and down. This odd behavior continues non-stop. The following is the script for one of the radio buttons:

if(this.rawValue==1)

{

subform.presence="visible";

}

else

{

subform.presence="invisible";

}

I know the solution is most likely very simple, however I am unable to fix the problem.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Jerald - a couple of questions for you. What version of Designer and what version of Acrobat are you using? What's in the subforms?

I'm not able to duplicate this problem just from this short bit of code, but if you can either give us the steps to reproduce the problem, or the form itself (mailed to dev_info@adobe.com) that would help.

Thanks

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Level 4
I'm attempting to do the same thing -- well sort of. I have a single page with a header (includes a set of 3 radio buttons) and footer located on a master page. What I want to do it populate the middle of the page with a hidden subset based on what radio button the user clicks -- transfer, modify or add.

I have tried a number of design options -- each subset positioned on its own body page; each subset positioned on its own master page; each subset positioned on one body page in a flow subForm; each subset positioned in a positional subForm inside a flow subForm; and even everything on a single body page with multiple flow subForms.

The only thing that works is the subsets are hidden! I thought this would be so simple, but I've now been working on this for 3 days! Can anyone offer a sample on how to get three radio buttons to each call a different subForm(?) and still stay on one page? Please?

Thanks.

Desperate Designer

Former Community Member
Hi Bet - It could be that to affect the layout, you need to set the subform visibility to "hidden" instead of "invisible". "invisible" hides the object but it still takes up space; "hidden" takes it right out of the layout. But it sounds like you were using "hidden" - maybe an example will help.

I've attached a simple form that picks one of three subforms based on what you choose in a radio button. Is this what you're looking for?

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Level 4
Thanks so much SteveX!! I now have it working the way I want!!

I was using invisible instead of hidden in my button code AND in the subForm properties.

A new lesson learned.

Thanks again.

Smiley Designer!

Level 2
I am using Designer 7.0 and Reader 7.0.0. The subforms contain text fields, numeric fields, and buttons. I have sent the form as requested.

Thanks for your help.