Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio Button to control visibility of objects and subforms

Former Community Member
I'm pretty new to the LiveCycle Designer and the world of pdf forms in general.

I've been looking through a number of postings and when I try and use one, it doesn't seem to work.

What I want to do is pretty straight forward.

I have 9 radio buttons in a single exclusion group

I need to control visibility on three pulldown lists, two text fields, and a subform based on which radio button is selected. If the first button is selected, it will make certain fields visible while hiding others. The same would be true for the remaining 8 buttons.

I do not seem to be able to make the fields change state (visible vs. hidden) as a direct result of selecting one of the buttons.

I've read solutions that have scripting in the change, click, calculate, etc. events. I've seen examples that place scripts in the object to be changed, and others in the radio button list. I've seen one that had an entry for each individual button. In all these examples, I've been unable to adapt the scripts to work on this form.

At this point I am open to any suggestions. Any ideas?

At your mercy. Be gentle to the new guy.

Les
4 Replies

Former Community Member
In most of these cases the code/logic is correct but the designer has not set the form to be dynamic. I assume that you are testing this from a Preview, if so look under the File/Form Properties menu and there will be a preview tab. Once there ensure the preview type is set to interactive and the Preview Adobe XML Form as is set to Dynamic XML form.

Former Community Member
were you able to solve your problem,if not send me your form will try and fix it for you

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
May and June got real ugly. I will try this suggestion this next week and see how it works. It makes sense. These settings were not as listed here.

So I have reset them to "interactive" and "Dynamic XML". I just have to go back and put my script back the way it should be and try it again.

Thanks for the responses and I'll update this thread as soon as I give it another try.

Les

Former Community Member
Les - I am also new to this. I am not actually IT dept, but was "volunteered" for this based on my ability to pick up new apps quickly.

I am trying to do something virtually identical to your description. Did you have any success?

I have the only text available on this, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I would very much like to see your form if you are willing to share!

Thank you

Mal