Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio button opens another PDF or hidden page

Level 4
I have a cost estimator form that requires the user to fill in a number of fields that returns a total cost. Once these fields are completed the user will have two options.

1) User understands and agrees to the costs. This option then should open another PDF or a hidden second page (which is the actual requisition).

2) User doesn't agree to cost. This option asks if the form is to be printed -- if yes, then print and close -- if no, closes form.

I haven't been able to find any JavaScript or XFA to do this. Can anyone assist me? Thanks.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
You can use the precence property of the subform (or page) to hide contents of it.

set it to "hidden" to be non-visible and to "visible" to be visible.

Level 4
Thanks for responding Sanna. Following your suggestion, I created a subform called "Requisition" with the presence property of hidden. This subform is physically located on a second page (which I can't seem to hide either!).

If the user clicks on the checkbox field "DecisionYes" then this subform should become visible. So far, using all of the examples given in this forum and in the on-line help manual, I have not been able to get it to work.

Do you have any further words of wisdom?

Thanks again. ....b

Former Community Member
I too am curious about this matter of users picking a selection, ie. "Yes" and then having further choices appear based off that "Yes" or "No" option. I've been looking for help on this for a few weeks but haven't seen anyone else post about it and I'm unsure of how to explain it. Is there a specific term? When the user picks "Yes" and the further information is displayed, how will it effect the rest of my form's body? -- When the information is prompted, is it possible to get it to push the rest of the body down so it can be displayed otherwise will I have a huge gap in the page?

Former Community Member
HELP! In Adobe LiveCycle Designer, I set the Tabbing Order as I want it but in the PDF mode the first time it hits the first Radio Button, the tabbing order goes out of its mind, wandering all over the document.

Former Community Member
I tinkered with that but it's working fine for me. How do you have it setup?

Former Community Member
Jennifer, Thanks for your reply. I have a single page document created in Acrobat 7.0 with 14 text fields before it gets to a set of Yes or No radio buttons. Tabbing from there takes it the line below, bypassing 5 text fields and a set of Yes or No radio buttons located on the line above. I have tried using Dynamic, Static, and 6.0 but I still get the same results.

Former Community Member
Check the tabbing order [Select 'View'-->'Tab Order' to see the order] If you want to change their order, hold SHIFT and click on the field you want to designate as Tab 1, release the SHIFT key and click the other fields to number accordingly. Perhaps they are out of order and that is why it skips over the 5 textboxes? Im a total noob so dont take my advice as concrete.

As for my original issue, would you happen to know how to prompt information based off of a selection of the radio button? Or do you know what Im talking about, at least? For instance, in the Help section of Adobe LiveCycle under Setting a mutually exclusive group of radio buttons there is an example where the form has a Terms and Conditions section. The user is supposed to choose the method of payment, radiobutton1 being Cash and radiobutton2 being Credit card. If the user selects credit card, is there a way to prompt for the cc#, exp date etc AFTER that selection has been made? I mean to make it now visible as opposed to before where only the yes no selections were visible? In my personal case with my form I have a yes or no radio button set and when the user marks one there are a few questions that need to be answered based off the original selection. Ive been playing around with the whole hidden field stuff but I dont grasp this concept and I know it can be done, not necessarily with LiveCycle but somehow.

Former Community Member
Jennifer, Sorry but your problem is over my head. I have never gotten that deep in radio buttons.

As for me, I have several forms on our company intranet which I developed using 6.0 and they are still working fine. Searching the web tells me Adobe may have a program bug or several of users are doing the same thing incorrectly.

But thanks for your time and concern. Best of luck with your document.

Buddy Batten