Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Radio Button - Change color if not checked

Level 2
I am trying to write the script to display a message and change the color when a field when it is not filled in or a radio button group when the user did not make a choice. I am able to get the text fields working properly, however, I cannot make the radio button group work. It displays the message, but it does not change the color. The code I am using is:

if ((New_Existing.rawValue == null) || (New_Existing.rawValue == "")) {

app.alert("Please check whether this is a New or an Existing document.");

// Change the color of the fillable area of the text field.

xfa.resolveNode("New_Existing.ui.#textEdit.border.edge").stroke = "solid";

xfa.resolveNode("New_Existing.ui.#textEdit.border.fill.color").value = "255,100,50";

// Set the variable to indicate that this field does not contain data.

iVar = 1;

}

else {

// Reset the fillable area of the text field.

xfa.resolveNode("New_Existing.ui.#textEdit.border.edge").stroke = "lowered";

xfa.resolveNode("New_Existing.ui.#textEdit.border.fill.color").value = "255,255,255";

}

"New_Existing" is the name of the radio button group... I know that "#textEdit" is wrong but I don't know what to change it to. I tried "button", I tried "#checkButton" but neither worked.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks... Jenn D.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Here is what I use:

RadioButtonName.ui.checkButton.border.fill.color.value

Level 2
Thank you, it didn't work though. I found a work around that I have incorporated already however. I created read only text boxes and put them behind my radio buttons. I then call out the text boxes to fill in when the conditions are right. It makes the button appear as if it has a "colored frame" around it. I tried a whole bunch of things yesterday but I have about 20 radio buttons on my form and I needed to get it done quickly so I got creative.

Have a good day! Jenn D.