Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Query LDAP to XML

Avatar

Former Community Member
I am having trouble using the Query Multiple LDAP to XML component. I have it configured right(?) in the workflow. I am trying to retrieve a couple of attributes about the user who is logged in. For now, I have a text box with an invoke button on my form to simulate the action of getting the logged in user.



In my process, if I hardcode a user in or if I invoke the process via the Components label it runs fine and returns the correct XML. If I try to invoke the web service via my form, I receive an "error attempting to read from file".



I have never queried the LDAP before and I am a little confused. Could anyone offer some help?
10 Replies

Avatar

Former Community Member
Try reader extending the form with WSDL option enabled.

Avatar

Former Community Member
Senthil's response is only applicable if you are using Acrobat. Security is on by default for all web services calls in LC. If you are using Acro9 then it will display a dialog to allow you to enter credentials. If you are using version 8 or less then you will have to disable security for that wsdl. This is done in the adminui....applications and services.

Avatar

Former Community Member
I have actually disabled the security for that service. I am thinking the problem is that the LDAP server has some sort of block on web service calls. Could that be the issue? All of my other web services (configured the same exact way) function just fine, and running the query in LiveCycle Workbench works fine. That leads me to believe that something is stopping the WSDL connection.

Avatar

Former Community Member
The workbench is making a web service call as well so it cannot be that. Is there anything in the server log? Are you using Reader or Acrobat?

Avatar

Former Community Member
Acrobat 8 Pro. Yes, there is a server log error...



2008-08-18 10:46:15,908 INFO [STDOUT] ALC-DSC-213-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException: No Credential or Context set



If you need the entire entry from the log, I can send it to you.

Avatar

Former Community Member
We've tried it on 8.0 and 8.2 and it did not work on either. We are in the process of getting everything up to 8.2 now.

Avatar

Former Community Member
if using 8.2 set the security settings to "RunAS" invoker and try

Avatar

Former Community Member
In 8.0 you will also have to diabale security on the LDAP service in 8.2 you can do a RunAs - System and it should now work.

Avatar

Former Community Member
Ahhhh. I did not know I also needed to disable the security for the LDAP service. I did so and now it works great. Thank you so much for the help!