Expand my Community achievements bar.

Query for Multiple Rows as XML

Former Community Member
Ok I've seen this topic in the forums, but have failed to get this to work within my process. Basically I have a process that has a user fill out a form, and upon submittal the form writes it's information to a database (via a data connection within the form that invokes a separate process upon submittal.), once this is done the main process is invoked and it's first step is to query that same database and bring back the data in a lower (now exposed) portion of the form that contains certain fields that track the issue history. The query brings back the xml document and I store it in an xml variable (xml_output). I then take this information and use the Set Value object to assign the returned nodes values to the location fields in the form. This works if the query returns only one row. But once the form is moved beyond the initial Task Assignment, (first user), and query returns more than just one row, the added nodes to not show up on the form, i.e I still just get information about the first row in my form. From what I've read the form should be able to recognize the xpath expression, and bring back all the nodes, by in a sense using instance manager to create an instance for each node on the form. My question is how can I get this to work. Jasmin if your still out there... Help!

Also We're using Adobe LiveCycle ES 8.0

created the process using Workbench

the form was reader enabled and saved as a dynamic PDF.

Thanks

Mike
19 Replies