Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Purchase Only liveCycle Reader Extension ES

Level 5

I want to run only LiveCycle Reader Extension ES. Is it possible?

If possible, are there any scope to purchase liveCycle Reader Extension ES software?

12 Replies

Former Community Member

If you do want to run Reader Extensions you will still need to do the full LiveCycle (or even ADEP) install to make use of the service or the UI that allows you to extend files.

That said, if you are only extending a small number of forms and you are not doing a lot of versioning of those files you can install LC on your local machine, install the certificate, and then only start up Reader Extensions (the LC service) when you need to extend PDFs.

All depends on the workflow and number of forms that you'll be using and have licensed.

Level 4

...and in case you were wondering

with respect to the new ADEP packaging, Reader Extensions can still be purchased on it's

own.   You do not have to buy the Basic or Standard package.   If you would like me to put

you in touch with an account rep to discuss, let me know - stanier@adobe.

com.

Level 5

Many Thanks to leesutton and Jeff Stanier.

I am happy to hear this news. I wish to know which pakage will be cheaper and how I can purchage.

I'd be grateful to you if you would make me know.

Thanks

Level 4

Hi,

Depending on what your needs are you have a couple of choices.  From Acrobat Pro you can Reader extend forms to allow local saving of data.   There are limitations however which you can read about in the Acrobat documentation - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7e0d.w.html.    If you needs are great than the limitations or you need RE for other purposes such as enabling Web Services, you'll need to purchase ADEP Reader Extentions.   email me at stanier@adobe.com and I can put you in touch with an account rep.

Jeff

Level 5

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I have seen the limitation of Acrobat pro. Acrbat cannot extend many feature for reader such as export, attachment, populate data from database.......

If  ADEP Reader Extentions works in this case I want to buy.

Would you tell me how can I buy? Is there any option to buy through Monebookers?

Thanks

Level 4

No, it's only sold through direct sales force or SI partners.

Level 5

I live in Bangladesh. So how can I get it. In addition  I urge it. Is there any alternative way?

I'd be glad if you'd help me.

Level 4

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.   We have a reseller (Ingram) in Bangladesh.   Can you please send me your contact information (stanier@adobe.com).   Our channel team will then get in contact with you.

Level 5

Hi,

I have sent my contact information to you.

Would you tell me the price of this software?

Thanks

Level 2

Hi,

Which software did you buy finaly? And the prise? I also face this problem now, but nobody give me the imformation of reader extension .

Thank you!