Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Property file

Level 1
I would like to know how a process reads data from a property file. And, how do I implement it so it will be easy to make adjustments to such a file.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter.

Sincerely

Bjorn Lundstrom
12 Replies

Level 1
To clearify(or not), I guess I could hold values for lets say DirectoryConfigs in my exported config.xml file. But, from a process, how do I reach the values in config.xml?

Or, I might be way off here.

Thank you for your help.

/Bjorn

Level 10
There is a operation from the File Utils called Read XML that will read the content of you xml in a xml variable

Then, you can use a SetValue with an xPath expression to access the node you want.

For example if you have a simple xml like this:

then you xPath would look something like /process_data/myXMLvar/books/book/title

Jasmin

Level 1
Thank you Jasmin for helping out in this matter. Although, I have another question. If I put my xml in a folder. Is there always a place where ReadXML looks? I mean, is there a HOME folder that it always goes to? I mean, if I go from TEST-environment to PRODUCTION...will it always look in the same folders?

I totally appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely

Bjorn

Level 4
Hi Bjorn,

There is no HOME folder for Read XML operation. You specify the folder to read from, in the property sheet of this operation. You can find configuration details in Workbench Help :

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Oguz

http://www.kgc.com.tr

Level 1
Oguz, thank you for your reply.

That's what I was afraid of. So, is there a way to set variable that will be read from a property file? I mean, if you go from test-environment to production-environment and you, for example, want loggings to be to a different catalog?

I seem not able to find this out from the documentation.

If you can shed more light on this matter I will be very grateful.

Sincerely

Bjorn

Level 10
Do you absolutly need to use a properties file. The other thing you can do is create a variable and set it to be "Configuration parameter".

That way you can set that variable using the adminui interface (on the service) and the value would be used by your process at execution time.

Jasmin

Level 1
Jasmin, thank you for your response. It might work very well for the solution I have in mind.

Again, thank you very much.

Sincerely

Bjorn Lundstrom

Level 1
Jasmin(and others).

Even though I look for my component within the adminui(and I find it) I seem not able to do anything with the process, like setting any variables...?!?

I seem to need further assistance I'm afraid. Am I supposed to go to Home/Services/LiveCycle Process Management ES / Process List

and from there locate my process, click it and then..?

I'm stumped...

Sincerely

Bjorn Lundstrom

Level 10
Bjorn,

You need to go under

Home > Services > Applications and Services > Service Management

That's where you define the properties for the services.

If you go under Home/Services/LiveCycle Process Management ES / Process List you actually see the process instances that were started. That's not what you want. You want to configure the service before it gets called.

Jasmin

Level 1
Jasmin, just lovely.

Are you married? If not..well...:)

Anyway, thank you very much. I totally appreciate it.

Sincerely yours

Bjorn Lundstrom

Level 10
You realize that Jasmin is a French name and is for a guy.

A girl's name would have an "e" like Jasmine.

That "might" change your perspective! :)

Jasmin - no "e"

Level 1
Jasmin, I am sorry for my mistak. I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know.

Sincerely

Bjorn