Expand my Community achievements bar.

Processing data from radio buttons

Former Community Member
In Adobe Livecycle Designer, I have a list of radio buttons which all denote a different value. How do I attach this value to each button, and then make the value of that button appear in a numeric field beside it?

Thanks in advance,

Fiona
6 Replies

Former Community Member
After adding your fields on the form, select the radio button exclusion group in the hierarchy view. Go to the binding tab, in here you can assign specific values for each radio button. Now select the Numeric Field, and choose the calculate event in the script editor and use a script like this:

RadioButtonList1.rawValue

You'll need to change RadioButtonList1 to be the name of the exclusion group in your form.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
That's perfect, thanks.

One more question, though - my radio button is not de-selecting - is there a function that I can switch on so that it will de-select?

Former Community Member
You could add a button to your form and in its Click event, specify the following JavaScript:

RadioButtonList1.rawValue = "";

That should de-select the radio button in the group.

Stefan

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
I want to thank you for your answer to Fiona, it helped me greatly. How do I click on the radio button again to de-select it and the value assigned to it.

Former Community Member
In Adobe Livecycle Designer, I have a list of radio buttons which all denote a different value. How do I attach this value to each button, and then make the value of that button appear in a numeric field beside it? But how can I de-select the button and its value?