Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problems Installing Livecycle ES in Virtual Environment

Level 2
Hi I'm trying to configure and install Livecycle ES Trial on Windows 2003 server x32 Virtual Machine using MS Virtual Server. Also configured database to MS SQL Server 2005 located on a Win Server 2003 Virtual Machine.

I've downloaded JBOSS Livecycle ES Turnkey Trial but have to do manual installation and configuration for JBOSS and LiveCycle.

1. Trying to install Acrobat Pro 8.0 before installing LiveCycle but doesn't wont to run after installation. Get startup screen and then freezes for a while followed by a "memory could not be written" error. Is Acrobat supposed to run as normal on Win Server 2003?

2. When trying to deploy LiveCycle to Database (SQL Server 2005) it doesn't deploy correctly. Not all the tables are being created in the Database.

3. When manually installing & configuring JBOSS and LiveCyle ES I don't have a windows service for JBOSS like I do when using turnkey solution. Is there a way to create one?

Thanks for your help.
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Bill,

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can..

1."Trying to install Acrobat Pro 8.0 before installing LiveCycle but doesn't wont to run after installation. Get startup screen and then freezes for a while followed by a "memory could not be written" error. Is Acrobat supposed to run as normal on Win Server 2003?"

I have installed Acrobat Pro 8.0 in Win Server 2003 and it installed and runned normally.Maybe you need more RAM.

2."When trying to deploy LiveCycle to Database (SQL Server 2005) it doesn't deploy correctly. Not all the tables are being created in the Database."

I have not install LCES with a MS SQL 2005 SP1 but in the "prepareinstall.pdf" of the LCES documentation on page 26-29 some additional settings must be changed for optimizing the database.Have you changed them?

3."When manually installing & configuring JBOSS and LiveCyle ES I don't have a windows service for JBOSS like I do when using turnkey solution. Is there a way to create one?"

I cannot help you with that,sorry..

PS:Your name sounds like a Greek name so could I ask you where are you from?

Level 2
Thanks Aikaterini,

1. As for RAM I have 2 GB on the Virtual Machine and running a Xenon 2.66 GHz processor. Also a 16 GB virtual Drive with more than enough space to run Windows Server 2003, with LiveCycle ES. I've also tried creating a Windows XP Virtual Machine. Install Acrobat fine, go to run it the same problem, hang.

2. I'm following all manual instructions in "Preparing to Install LiveCycle ES" and "Installing & Deploying LiveCycle ES for JBOSS".

Configuring the actual Database no problem. What I'm having problem with is deploying LiveCycle using Configuration Manager.

I'll focus more on the installation and deployment later after I get Acrobat working properly in a Virtual Environment.

Yes my name is greek, I'm from Australia, Sydney.

Thanks for your help

Former Community Member
I've had issues with configuration manager before as well when doing a turnkey install. My issue ended up being because of a corrupt jar file. Are you receiving any errors when walking through the configuration manager wizard? What sort of problem are you having?

Level 2
Hi Guys,

1. Has been resolved. Problem was Acrobat didn't like the Virtual Machine been configured with a SCSI Virtual Controller. Changed to a IDE Controller using the same virtual disk and Acrobat works fine. Don't know why but it works. May Acrobat don't like being install on a SCSI C:\ Drive.

2.I managed to install "PreConfigured JBoss" manually. Need to add a JNDI "DefaultDS" to adobe-ds.xml . It connects to my SQL Server 2005, and created 7 tables in the database.

Still having issues configuring LC Component Manual and deploying. I'm able to create the 3 EAR file created by "Configuration Manager" and add them to the server\all\deploy folder. But files won't deploy after restart JBoss.

b Get errors like (from Log file):

]2007-11-07 11:18:12,886 WARN [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 18450577] VersionEntity table doesn't exist

]2007-11-07 11:18:12,886 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.config.AdobePreferenceFactory] UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 18450577] Problem with system root| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12293 errorCodeHEX:0x3005 message:VersionEntity table doesn't exist

]2007-11-07 11:18:15,209 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.EjbUtil] Can't locate deploymentInfo for target: file:/C:/Adobe/jboss/server/all/tmp/deploy/tmp42507adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear-contents/adobe-dsc-bootstrap-ejb.jar

b Errors from run.bat console:

]--- Incompletely deployed packages ---

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@5da6b2fa { url=file:/C:/Adobe/jboss/server/All/deploy/adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear }

deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@38fff7

status: Deployment FAILED reason: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: 'ejb/DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB', with web.xml ejb-link: 'adobe-dsc-bootstrap-ejb.jar#DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB' failed to resolve to an ejb with a LocalHome)

state: FAILED

watch: file:/C:/Adobe/jboss/server/All/deploy/adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear

altDD: null

lastDeployed: 1194394678877

lastModified: 1194394561808

mbeans:

]--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---

ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=adobe-bootstrapper.war,id=1532366746

State: FAILED

Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: 'ejb/DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB', with web.xml ejb-link: 'adobe-dsc-bootstrap-ejb.jar#DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB' failed to resolve to an ejb with a LocalHome)

]--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---

ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=adobe-bootstrapper.war,id=1532366746

State: FAILED

Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: 'ejb/DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB', with web.xml ejb-link: 'adobe-dsc-bootstrap-ejb.jar#DSCInitializerBeanLocalEJB' failed to resolve to an ejb with a LocalHome)

I'm going to do some debugging hopefully I can narrow the problem further.

Thanks for your help

Bill

Level 2
Hi Guys,

I managed to install "PreConfigure JBoss" Using instruction from "Preparing to install LiveCycle ES". I had to modify the adobe-ds.xml by replicating the IDP_DS JNDI and renaming to DefaultDS.

Restarted connects to SQL Server 2005 on another Virtual Machine(VM).

It only creates the following tables:

]HILOSEQUENCES

JMS_MESSAGES

JMS_ROLES

JMS_SUBSCRIPTIONS

JMS_TRANSACTIONS

JMS_USERS

TIMERS

I assume this is correct at this stage because I get no errors in the log.

I continue to install LiveCycle ES by running win_livecycle8_setup.exe

Then Run "Configuration Manager" executing only the task "Configure LiveCycle ES". This generates the 3 EAR files under [LiveCycle Root]\ConfigurationManager\export they are then copied in [appserver root]\server\all\deploy

Restart JBoss using "shutdown.bat -S" and "run.bat -c all"

These are some of the key warnings and errors I'm getting.

At no stage were there any new tables created in the db as some of the errors have indicating are missing.

b First warning in log is:

]INFO [org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/Adobe/jboss/server/all/deploy/adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear

WARN [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo] Only the root deployment can set the loader repository, ignoring config=LoaderRepositoryConfig(repositoryName: com.adobe.edc.startupservice:loader=edc-startup.sar, repositoryClassName: org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3, configParserClassName: null, repositoryConfig: null)

WARN [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Found non-jar deployer for adobe-dscf.jar: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.ejb:service=EJBDeployer]

WARN [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Found non-jar deployer for um.jar: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.ejb:service=EJBDeployer]

b Then further down the log file:

]WARN [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 18450577] VersionEntity table doesn't exist

WARN [com.adobe.csa.config.CoreConfigManager] Could not obtain Core Preferences

WARN [com.adobe.service.DataManagerService] Could not obtain configurations

INFO [com.adobe.service.DataManagerService] BMC513: Service DataManagerService: Started

INFO [org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/TrustStoreComponent, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp54461adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear-contents/TrustStoreComponent-exp.war/

ERROR [com.adobe.idp.config.AdobePreferenceFactory] UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 18450577] Problem with system root| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12293 errorCodeHEX:0x3005 message:VersionEntity table doesn't exist

INFO [org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.session.JBossCacheManager] init(): replicationGranularity_ is 0 and invaldateSessionPolicy is 2

INFO [org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.session.JBossCacheManager] Starting JBossManager

b And yet again:

]WARN [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 25609229] VersionEntity table doesn't exist

WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.util.IDPUtil] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 25609229] Failure cause: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12293 errorCodeHEX:0x3005 message:VersionEntity table doesn't existtraced:

ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] EJBException in method: public abstract com.adobe.idp.um.api.infomodel.User com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManager.getExpandedAuthenticatedUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int) throws com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPException,com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException:

com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12293 errorCodeHEX:0x3005 message:VersionEntity table doesn't exist

at com.adobe.idp.common.util.IDPUtil.raiseIDPSystemException(IDPUtil.java:147)

b Questions:

Do I have a problem with my JBoss Installation prior to deploying EARs?

Are there suppossed to be more files created in db before deploying EARs?

Is there a problem with the EAR files I'm trying to deploy?

b Please Help

b And Thanks Again

Level 2
Hi Guys,

I managed to install LiveCycle ES Trial on MS Virtual Server connected to SQL Server 2005. Also running BAM Server on the same Virtual machine.

What I had thought to be errors were normal.

After I installed & Configured JBoss I installed LiveCycle. Following the steps for manual configuration. But I didn't run Configuration Manager straight after.

I made sure app server running, then copied SQL Driver sqljdbc.jar to [LiveCycle root]/lib/db/.

Then start Configuration Manager, run through to Task Selection and only select "Configure LiveCycle ES" and continue till. You will have to copy ear files from [livecycle root]/configurationManager/export to [appserver root]/server/all/deploy.

Restart App Server.

Then run Configuration Manager again this time at Task Selection select "Iniitalize LiveCycle ES Database" and every task below it.

This will create the extra tables in the database and configure LCA, samples, etc.

I hope this is useful information to anyone else trying to configure LiveCycle to SQl Server 2005 via Virtual Machines.

See Ya.

Level 4
Bill:

The "Pre-Configured JBoss" and the "JBoss Turnkey install" are, in a way, mutually exclusive. The root cause of your troubles is that you are mixing the two up.

Level 2
Hi Jayan,

Please see previous post, I actually got it running.

I'm not actually using the "JBoss Turnkey install", I used the pre-configured JBOSS from the "JBoss Turnkey" to do a manual installation as I needed to connect to "MS SQL Server 2005" not the default "MySQL" database.

These instructions are available from the LiveCycle website.

Level 1

I am using RHEL 5 - 64 bit Linux on 3-Tera Virtual host with Java 5,MySQL and  adobe pre-configured Jboss 4.2 to install LiveCycle 8.2 and My intension is to get the Rights Management Service Installed  . After configuring the .ear files(using Rights Management alc-lfs not excluded-solution component  in the LCM CLI properties file ) and running the Jboss , I get the Jboss Running but with following Error

ERROR  [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public  abstract java.lang.Object  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterLocal.do RequiresNew(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.d s c.transaction.TransactionCallback)  throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:

ALC-DSC-000-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal  error.

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doR equiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:249)

at  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native  Method)

Caused by:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:  com/adobe/dctmconnector/config/DctmConnectorConfigBean

at  java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native  Method)

at  java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)

at  java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2671)

at  java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)

at  java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.impl.ComponentRegistryImpl$12.doInTransact ion(ComponentRegistryImpl.java:877)

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doR equiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

... 199  more

2009-06-16 10:23:02,554 ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] DSC Startup failed. Reason:  Internal error.

2009-06-16 10:23:02,554 WARN   [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] Unable to start the  DSCManager

and upon running the deploy liveCycle Component using LCM CLI task

./ConfigurationManagerCLI.sh  deployLiveCycleComponets -f cli_propertyFile.txt

I see that few of  DSCs (especially the adobe-usermanager-dsc ) were  never started by the installer and It stopped throwing Exceptions While trying to deploy  adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

Progress: [5%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-remotingConnector-dsc.jar]

Progress: [8%, Deploying DSC    adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [8%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [11%, Deploying DSC    adobe-usermanager-util-dsc.jar]

Progress: [11%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-usermanager-util-dsc.jar]

Progress: [14%, Deploying DSC    adobe-jobmanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [14%,    DSC already  running adobe-jobmanager-dsc.jar]

While LCM CLI tries to install  RightsManagement DSC following exceptions are  thrown

[2009-06-16 10:47:16,604], INFO,  main, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, DSC not installed.  DSC will now be installed: com.adobe.livecycle.RightsManagement  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar

[2009-06-16 10:47:32,227], SEVERE,  main, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy  component  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-030-200]:  \ to deploy component  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

at  com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs.deployDSCFiles(DeployDSCs .java:396)

at  com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs.deployDSCs(DeployDSCs.jav a:149)

Caused by:  com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: |  [com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.DirectoryManagerServiceClient]  errorCode:16385 errorCodeHEX:0x4001 message:Exception wrapped in DSCException is  Null or NOT An Instance of UMException chainedException:ALC-DSC-012-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.chainedExceptionMessage:Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found. chainedException trace:ALC-DSC-012-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.

I tried to look for adobe-usermanager-dsc in the admin UI but did not find one over there . I even tried copying the adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar to pre-configured Jboss server/all/lib directory but that does'nt makes a difference .

I was suggested to use different combinations of excluded solution  components in the cliProperties file

When I used the following list of   excludedSolutionComponents  I did not see the (ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] DSC Startup failed. Reason:  Internal error.) but still the dobe-usermanager-dsc does not starts and I get the same errors of (com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.) when the LCM CLI reaches installing the Rights Management DSC.

excludedSolutionComponents=ALC-LFS-BusinessActivityMonitoring,ALC-LFS-ConnectorI BMContentManager,ALC-LFS-ContentServices,ALC-LFS-PDFGenerator,ALC-LFS-ProcessMa n agement

#,ALC-LFS-RightsManagement,ALC-LFS-BarcodedForms,ALC-LFS-DigitalSignatures,ALC-L FS-Forms,ALC-LFS-Output,ALC-LFS-PDFGenerator3D,ALC-LFS-ReaderExtensions,ALC-LFS - ConnectorEMCDocumentum,ALC-LFS-ConnectorIBMFileNet

Any help on this issue will be highly obliged.

Thank you.

Mohammad