Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problems Expanding Dynamic Table Columns to Next Page

Level 2
I have a dynamic table with about 25 rows. Recpients will be entering information into the columns. Using add instance, I have been able to make my columns repeat. However, when I get to the end of the page, rather than having my columns flow onto the next page, my columns continue adding themselves, even though there's no more page. I'm left with columns hanging off the page to infinity.

[yes - I'm aware of how hideous this table looks but that's how upper management wants it so that's how upper management will get it]

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 8.05.yada

I've read a few posts from others who seem to be searching this same information and no one ever responded - perhaps livecycle doesn't do this? Can anyone out there confirm or deny this behavior?
7 Replies

Former Community Member
In the root subform you have to allow page breaks. Also the page subform must be flowed.

Level 2
Yup, got my form set up that way. Still no workie. I have almost everything that can possible be set to "allow page breaks" set to "allow page breaks". And my page subform is set to flowed.

I have no problem adding as many rows using my little add row button and add instance script. It's just as I add columns from left to right, when I reach the end of the page and need to move to the next page, it just keeps going off my page :(

Former Community Member
Can you give me your email address and I will get you to send me your sample and have a look to see if I spot anything wrong.

Level 2
cmelton@micros.com

You might get picked up in the spam filter; I'll access it periodically to check for your response.

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Just sent you an email ...once I get it and figure it out I will post my conclusions here so others can see what the issue was.

Former Community Member
I too would be interested in this resolution.

Level 2
tjlav -

According to Paul (and he can jump in if I explain this incorrectly), LiveCycle does not do page breaks off the side of the page. He recommended making the landscaped table repeat.

On the add button, check the current count of the table instances and of the column instances. If there is more than one table, check the number of columns in the last table. If there is room to add another, add another to that table. If there isnt enough room, add another table with one column.

Make sense?

As far as the code... yikes. It confused me (I'm a javascript newbie). Paul gave me a good sample that I incorporated into my form.