Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with PDF generation after OS upgrade

Level 2
Hi,

Our Adobe Livecycle installation has been running on Windows 2003 for a long time. The custom web application we had developed for using the Account Enrollment Solution Accelerator for stitching interactive PDFs dynamically using DXFA was running on Windows 2000. Last week this box was upgraded to Windows 2003. Then on we are having this strange problem

Once the letter is generated, we used to have it rendered inside Adobe Reader embedded inside web browser (IE 6.0). But, after the upgrade, now the generated letter is popping up in a separate Reader window, instead of embedding inside the web browser. We confirmed that this is purely because of the OS upgrade on the box that houses our custom application.

We are not able to determine if the problem is with Livecycle or Solution accelerator or Adobe Reader that behaves differently becuase of the OS upgrade.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation before?

Regards,

Badri.
6 Replies

Employee
Hi Badri,

Could you try reinstalling Reader and then see what happens?

Hope this helps,

Suvrat

Level 2
No Suvrat. This didnt work. This issue seems to be purely happening after the OS version change.

The configuration that worked: Browser (IE 6.0) > Custom web application (Win 2000) -> Livecycle (Win 2003)

The configuration that didnt work: - Browser (IE 6.0) > Custom web application (Win 2003) -> Livecycle (Win 2003)

Please note that the custom web application incorporates the DXFA stitching logic from the Account Enrollment Solution Accelerator.

Regards,

Badri.

Former Community Member
Are you using Adobe Reader 9 to view the documents ?

Go to Edit->Preferences (ctrl+K) and Click on the "Internet" category.

You can see the Web Browser Options. Make sure that "Display PDF in Browser" option is checked. If this option is unchecked the pdf will open outside of the browser.

Level 2
This option is checked. Also the PDF opens correctly inside the web browser if I connect to the custom web app running on Windows 2000 or XP. It opens in a seperate Reader window only if I connect to the custom app running on Windows 2003. There seems to be a problem with the Reader behavior based on the OS.

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I am new to livecycle family.

Currently I am working on a pre designed from and workflow in livecycle.

The version of livecycle form manager is LiveCycle Form Manager 7.0.

The pre designed from and workflow is working fine.

However when the end user is attaching any document to the form using LiveCycle form manager it, the from is traveling through the workflow with the attachment up to the action where the workflow is calling another process to create a .PDF copy of the form for the distribution, at this point it loses the attachment.

Currently the clerk who is distributing the form is manually attaching the file to the .PDF copy of the file using acrobat.

Any help on this would be grate.

Thanks in advance.

Employee
KKPatel,

I suggest you post your message to LiveCycle (6.x & 7.x) forum. This forum is for LC solution accelerators, and it is likely that the folks who monitor the LC7.x forum may not be watching this forum.

Anyway, is it possible to modify the process which is called to create the PDF copy of the form such that it enumerates the attachments and attach the documents all over again in the form? Something similar to what the clerk does manually?

Thanks,