Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with an ALC-WKS-007-040 error

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a BP with forms in XDP. However this does not work as I get an ALC-WKS-007-040 error when I try to render the form in Workspace. I have tried to set up the renderPDF instead of the default renderer, but I still get an error. When I use PDFs instead of XDPs it works fine (with the default renderer).

What can I do to fix my problem?

Thanks in advance

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark
24 Replies

Level 10
Can you try to go under the "Component" view in Workbench and see if the Forms/Active Services/FormsService is started? If not can you try to right click and start it?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
It is started. It has two enabled items in the popup menu (when you right-click on it): "Stop Service" and "Set Category..."

It's like that before and after I initiate a process. The initiation of any process still fails with that error.

Level 2
Hi James/Jasmin,

Did you get over this problem ? I get the same error. Can you please help me out with this?

Thanka in advance!

Former Community Member
Are you using LC ES Update 1? If so, start a recording on your render service and you should be able to track down the rendering problem fairly quickly. If not, monitor the log when you try to render the form. Something in the log should indicate why the render is not occurring.