Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

problem with accesible pdf

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have done a dynamic pdf but it's not accesible. I'm trying to resolve this problem using Touchup Object Tool to put alt text and language but it appears with all these options disabled so I can't changed them. Any idea for this problem? Why do they appears disabled? Any wrong configuration in my pdf configuration?

Thanks in advance
7 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm using Adobe Professional and Livecycle for do it. But I have resolved my problem. The form has wrong fields so I couldn't edit them. I have tried doing a new form and I could put alt text, language,etcetera...

Thanks for your help.

Former Community Member
I have a new problem. When I do Full Check on my form, I have this error (original error is in spanish, sorry for the wrong translate)

"The elements or comments on this page are not in the structure tree"

but I can see this structure on Livecycle, in hierarchy label

Thanks in advance. Regards

Former Community Member
I have no idea ...can you post the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
I was having this error because I was using a wrong accesibility test. I was using ADOBE PDF instead of W3C 1.0

thank you very much for your help, Paul

Regards

Level 10
Hi,

you can't edit the fields you generated with LCD in Acrobat, so the Touch-Up-Tool won't work.

Use LCD for complete creating your forms and only test their funktions with Acrobat or create your forms only with Acrobat.

Level 1
Are you using LiveCycle for this new form you created? Try the palettes option when right clicking on the design page. You'll see one for accessibility. There you can use caption, original text, help text, etc. Not to mention there is also a great new tab order in the new LiveCycle Designer that comes with Acrobat 9. I hope this helps, if you have some questions feel free to contact me.

Kara Zirkle

IT Accessibility Coordinator

George Mason University

kzirkle1@gmu.edu