Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem of using LiveCycle ES (8.0) Rights Mangement on Traditoinal Chinese Windows Enterprise Serv

Former Community Member
Dear all,

Hello.

Recently I had to set up a LiveCycle ES 8.0 on Tradiitonal Chinese (zhTW) Windows Enterprise Server 2003. Using turnkey & express configuration, installation was actually a breeze.

However, after installation, I discovered that Rights Mangement ES was not functioning at all. I recalled from another installation that a global policy set would be created upon installation. This global policy set was just not there to start with. To make the matter worse, no policy could be created. Everytime such attempt was made, "An internal server error has occurred; please contact your Administrator." had always been the failure message. A look at JBoss server.log states:

com.adobe.edc.server.errors.exception.EDCServerSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.audit.AuditManagerBean] errorCode:1281 errorCodeHEX:0x501 message:No such event definition exists | severity: 1

at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.audit.AuditManagerBean.logServerEvent(AuditManagerBean.java:427)

at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.audit.AuditManagerBean.logServerEventTrans(AuditManagerBean.java:541)

more lines ...

Not only that I was unable to create policies at all, the configuration items under Rights Management just does not work. For every configuration that I tried to make change, I would always, upon saving configuration, see "A server error has occurred; please contact your Administrator." error message.

Installing and use of LiveCycle ES 8.0 on English version of Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, or SuSe Linux 10 did not produce the errors mentioned above.

I just wonder if Adobe LiveCycle ES 8 is currently supported on non-English OS? If it's indeed supported, what measures do I have to take to remedy the problems pertaining to Rights Management?

Thanks for any input or suggestion.

Paul

NTI Corp.

http://www.nti.com.tw/
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Unfortunate this will not work. Traditional Chinese is not a supported operating system for the server. We support English, French, German and Japanese. In saying that most things do work but we know that Rights management is more challenged then other products in this way. If this is a production system and you want support you have to goto a supported language on your OS. If this is more for development and evaluation you can try a couple things. One thing would be to change your local and regional settings to English.

In our testing we actually did not try Traditional Chinese, we tried Simplified Chinese, basically we were hoping it would just work, but we saw multiple errors in the AdminUI and the effort in fixing it did not fit in the schedule.

I apologise about the lack of support for you OS/Language combination.

Kind Regards C

Chris de Groot

Senior Product Manager

Adobe Systems Inc.