Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Problem Deploying Ears in Weblogic LC ES 8.2.1

Former Community Member
OK .. does anyone else find the installation under WL 10. cumbersome?<br /><br />So I get all the way to the point in installation where I am in Configuration Manager and deploying the adobe-contentservices.ear and the installation throws the following java error. Its very consistent - throws it if I use the Adobe Configuration Manager to deploy or if I manually deploy in WL console. After the error the install just hangs there. Any help would be appreciated. <br /><br />Config is Win 2003 Enterprise Edition 32 bit. Web Logic 10.0. LC ES 8.2.1.<br />Used the JRocket JDK that came with Web Logic. Database is Oracle 11g. All comms and database connections tested fine during install.<br /><br />Error to follow:<br /><br />####<Oct 2, 2008 6:09:05 PM EDT> <Info> <Common> <tscwin03lc> <LCServer> <IDPSchedulerService_QuartzSchedulerThread> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1222985345594> <BEA-000628> <Created "1" resources for pool "IDP_DS", out of which "1" are available and "0" are unavailable.> <br />####<Oct 2, 2008 6:09:14 PM EDT> <Warning> <HTTP> <tscwin03lc> <LCServer> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1222985354969> <BEA-101162> <User defined listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener failed: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location..<br />org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:312)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.access$000(ConfigurationChecker.java:72)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1.execute(ConfigurationChecker.java:178)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:242)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:191)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.onBootstrap(ConfigurationChecker.java:182)<br /> at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)<br /> at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)<br /> at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)<br /> at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)<br /> at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:241)<br /> at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:349)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:458)<br /> at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)<br /> at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:168)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:1721)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.java:2890)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java:94
5 Replies

Level 4
On the LCM dialog 'LC Content Services ES Configuration', what did you set the root directory to?

Does that directory exist on the target server being deployed to?

Level 4
Is your installation a turnkey? If yes, did you run express mode or custom mode in the LCM?

Former Community Member
Hi John,

No, I used the manual install. In fact, because I am documenting this process for my customer I took screen shots of every screen during the Web Logic install and the Live Cycle install.

I went back and looked it is creating a valid root directory for content services (Alfresco) in the c:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\lccs_data. The directory is created and it has subdirectories the install program puts in. There is plenty of disk space.

It still throws the error. The odd thing is that I got this to work at one point. Then my installation stopped working and I had to uninstall and reinstall. So I am not certain what the problem is.

Greg

Former Community Member
Hi Greg,

This error can be due to lccs_data folder and database not being in synch. So whenever an unistall and install is done, it is very important from CS perspective that database is cleaned properly and lccs_data folder is emptied.

You may use the information published as a tech note to clean the database. Location of that is as below:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb405444&sliceId=1

Please let me know if this helps or not.

Thanks,

Raman