Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem Deploying Ears in Weblogic LC ES 8.2.1

Former Community Member
OK .. does anyone else find the installation under WL 10. cumbersome?<br /><br />So I get all the way to the point in installation where I am in Configuration Manager and deploying the adobe-contentservices.ear and the installation throws the following java error. Its very consistent - throws it if I use the Adobe Configuration Manager to deploy or if I manually deploy in WL console. After the error the install just hangs there. Any help would be appreciated. <br /><br />Config is Win 2003 Enterprise Edition 32 bit. Web Logic 10.0. LC ES 8.2.1.<br />Used the JRocket JDK that came with Web Logic. Database is Oracle 11g. All comms and database connections tested fine during install.<br /><br />Error to follow:<br /><br />####<Oct 2, 2008 6:09:05 PM EDT> <Info> <Common> <tscwin03lc> <LCServer> <IDPSchedulerService_QuartzSchedulerThread> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1222985345594> <BEA-000628> <Created "1" resources for pool "IDP_DS", out of which "1" are available and "0" are unavailable.> <br />####<Oct 2, 2008 6:09:14 PM EDT> <Warning> <HTTP> <tscwin03lc> <LCServer> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1222985354969> <BEA-101162> <User defined listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener failed: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location..<br />org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:312)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.access$000(ConfigurationChecker.java:72)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1.execute(ConfigurationChecker.java:178)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:242)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:191)<br /> at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.onBootstrap(ConfigurationChecker.java:182)<br /> at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)<br /> at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)<br /> at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)<br /> at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)<br /> at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:241)<br /> at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:349)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)<br /> at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:458)<br /> at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)<br /> at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:168)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:1721)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.java:2890)<br /> at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java:94
5 Replies

Level 4
On the LCM dialog 'LC Content Services ES Configuration', what did you set the root directory to?

Does that directory exist on the target server being deployed to?

Level 4
Is your installation a turnkey? If yes, did you run express mode or custom mode in the LCM?

Former Community Member
Hi John,

No, I used the manual install. In fact, because I am documenting this process for my customer I took screen shots of every screen during the Web Logic install and the Live Cycle install.

I went back and looked it is creating a valid root directory for content services (Alfresco) in the c:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\lccs_data. The directory is created and it has subdirectories the install program puts in. There is plenty of disk space.

It still throws the error. The odd thing is that I got this to work at one point. Then my installation stopped working and I had to uninstall and reinstall. So I am not certain what the problem is.

Greg

Former Community Member
Hi Greg,

This error can be due to lccs_data folder and database not being in synch. So whenever an unistall and install is done, it is very important from CS perspective that database is cleaned properly and lccs_data folder is emptied.

You may use the information published as a tech note to clean the database. Location of that is as below:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb405444&sliceId=1

Please let me know if this helps or not.

Thanks,

Raman