Expand my Community achievements bar.

Printing issue with presence change just before printing

Level 4
Hi all,

Coming across a problem when firing off my printing button.

I am changing the presence of all my subforms to visible before printing and then hidden after printing.

But when I am running the xfa.host.print command the page count from xfa.host.numPages still only reads 1. I set up a message box to check it over and from what I can tell the presence is being set, then the print command is being fired before the layout has a chance to complete.

This means that it is picking up only a single page in my print command.

Is there a way to delay the print command, or for completing the relayout before the print command fires?

Many thanks,

Tom
6 Replies

Former Community Member
There are other presence settings that will allow the subform to be only printed or only on the screen (+print and -print). Perhaps you shoudl use these instead of visible/invisible.

Level 4
Having to build for Version 7 sadly which doesn't support it.

I'm not having a problem with making things visible/invisble anyway and prefer to go from visible to hidden as I'm changing quite a few subforms (12 to be precise) of varying heights and I only want the one they are working on to be visible normally.

The problem I'm having is that the xfa.host.numPages isn't returning an accurate number, because there is more than 1 page after my prePrint event but it keeps returning only a single page.

Does that make it any clearer?

Tom

Former Community Member
You could try doing an xfa.layout.relayout() but I am not sure that it will fix your issue.

Level 4
AHAH!

That's the exact command I was looking for...

Will test now and see if it works.

Level 4
Nope, its still not waiting for the layout to complete before moving on to the print command...

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have the same problem to print and to make a table of content with hidden subforms.

Thanks