Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Printing/Disabling print button

Level 6
Hi,

I don´t want users to print using the standard print button of Acrobat. To do that, I used the PDF security functionality (in File | Form Properties).

I do want, on the other hand, the users to print using a custom button on the form that uses the xfa.host.print function. However, I realise that this function will not work due to the first parametrization.

Is there a way to enable the second functionality while maintaining the first one.

Thank you
5 Replies

Former Community Member
You could hide the print button on the toolbar. See the hideToolbarButton() method in the Acrobat JS Guide. However, that won't stop a savy user from doing a standard print. The only way to do that is to disable any printing at all (including your custom button) and even in that case, it wouldn't stop someone from taking a screen shot and printing that.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 6
Hi Chris,

Is it possible to hide the print option in the popup menu when the user right clicks on a form?

Thank you

Former Community Member
Not that I know of. Maybe someone else knows a trick for this that I don't?

Chris

Level 6
ok,

Trying another method... Is it possible to cancel a printing in the prePrint event?

Thank you

Former Community Member
Nope. Hopefully there will be in the future, but currently there is no way to accomplish what you want. Best you can do is hide the toolbar button and file menu item and hope the user doesn't know enough to find a way around it.

Chris