Expand my Community achievements bar.

Printing a legal sized form

Former Community Member
All,

I have a form designed on a legal sized page. Right now, when I print it, it scales everything down to fit on a letter sized page. Is there a way to use xfa.host.print to force designer to print to a legal size page? I can manually do this from the printer dialog box by selecting "legal" sized paper, but I want to force this to an automatic process.

Thanks,

Stan
4 Replies

Level 7
Have you tried to set the PDF's paper size through the "Page Setup" to Legal in Acrobat (always set if PDF is saved)?

Or, setting the printer's paper size to Legal in Acrobat (one time only)?

LiveCycle Designer does not support the "printParams" object.

Former Community Member
Geo,

Thanks for the input. Can you give me insight on another front? Why do check boxes show up with a "check" when I run the form, and show up with an "X" when I send to someone else who only has Acrobat Reader 8? I have saved the form as dynamic. On other PCs, I also get a purple info bar at the top, stating that I cannot save the data? IS there a switch or setting in Reader? Or something I need to set in Designer?

Thanks!

Stan

Former Community Member
Hi Stan,

What version of Designer was used to create this PDF with the checkmarks?

In order to save the data in Reader, you have to Reader Extend the form. This can be done using LiveCycle Reader Extenstions ES:

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

Or: If you have Acrobat 8 Pro, you can go to the Advanced Menu and Select "Enable Usage Rights in Reader" for that particular PDF.

Steve

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Steve,

That seems to be my problem. I am running Pro 7.0 and Designer 7.0. Guess I need an upgrade to use the "enable usage rights" feature.

Thanks,

Stan