Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preserve data from one instance of a workflow to another

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a quite general question which has been bothering me for a while. It has to do with preserving data between instances of a workflow.

What I need is to preserve some data from one instance of a workflow (as a task in the WF) and then stall the WF for some time - actually it must be stalled until another workflow finishes (this second WF should batch a number of tasks which should be sent (together with all the data) in a form to a different user).

However when this second WF finishes it must thus send a "continue message" to all the instances of the first so that they can continue from their previous states.

I hope you can understand the scenario, otherwise I'll try to elaborate further.

If you could have some hints for what activities in the Workbench I should use and some pointers for pitfalls I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
2 Replies

Level 10
Can't you just add your other workflow (child) as as step in the main workflow and set the Invocation Policy to "Wait for Response". This will ensure the main workflow will wait for the end of the child workflow.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Yes, I think this might actually do it... I will try this right away :-)

Sincerely

Kim Christensen