Expand my Community achievements bar.

perference setting

Former Community Member
Hi,

is there a quick way to set a default perference for the workspace. This is because said we have hundreds of users and we want to standardise the setting, if we can only do it one by one manually through the workspace, it will be very time consuming.

Thank you.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
The current version of LiveCycle does not provide workspace global preference settings ie; layouts. You can create a custom workspace which will allow you to create a standard layout that matches your requirements.

Check out.. http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2008/04/customizing_workspace_in_under.html

Level 3
Allen,

By current version are you reffering to LiveCycle ES 8.0 or Update 1. If you are reffering to the former are global preference settings available in LiveCycle ES 8.2 (Update 1) ??

Thanks,

James

Former Community Member
Setting global preferences are not available in 8.0 or in 8.2(Update 1). So, the only real option is to customize the workspace.

Level 3
Alright thanks Allen.

I have customized the workspace to a certain extent already, basically changing the lc.css file to change embedded images and change default colors.

I'm assuming it's a considerably more difficult task to customize the workspace they way your refering to ?

Thanks Again,

James

Former Community Member
James,

I am assuming you are following the document http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/customizeworkspaceui.pdf. This document does include details on changing layouts etc. Is there something specific you are trying to do that is not addressed in the document?

Former Community Member

So, is there any way to set the preference setting for all users?

what i want to do is setting some default columns to display on task view, can i set it on the global setting?

thanks.

Level 9

We're working on a tool that allows you to copy the preferences from one user to all other users.

If you would like to beta-test this, please contact info@avoka.com

Howard