Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF to XML conversion

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I asked a question in Acrobat SDK forum about using Acrobat standard SDK for automatic PDF to XML conversion on a server and I was told that Acrobat lisence does not permit that and I need to use the Adobe LiveCycle ES.

I just need to automatically convert the incoming PDF files to XML on a server (automating Acrobat Standard's "SaveAS XML" function)

Could you please tell me which LiveCyle component can do this for me and also give me its approximate price.

Thanks very much for your help,

Arash
34 Replies

Former Community Member
hi

can any1 plz tel mi how to convert a pdf file into an xml file......Thank u

Level 7
> can any1 plz tel mi how to convert a pdf file into an xml file......Thank u

What sort of XML file? What PDF content?

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
hi linston.....actually i hav got a application form frm one comapy....its in pdf format....they hav told us to fill tat forn n send it back in .xml format.....i wantd to knw how to convert tat .pdf file into .xml file.......am usin adobe 9.......liston can u givmi ur email address....i will mail tat form to u......dude plzzz help mi

Level 7
Sorry, no email. Messages are all public so people can benefit in

future.

The people who sent you the form need to explain what you need to do.

For instance, there may be a button on the form to click.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Hi Aandi

Is there a way to convert PDF to XML? If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks

Jayashree

Former Community Member
Are you looking at getting the data out of the form in an xml format or are you trying to convert the whole pdf to xml?

Level 1
Re Jasmin's answer from 10:18am Jul 23, 07 PST (#6 of 27) "So is this really a html representation of the PDF. PDFG should be the product that can convert PDF into HTML. The operation is ExportPDF." What version of PDFG would that be? We have v 6.0 and it doesn't have the Export PDF function. We just need to convert a PDF to HTML keeping tables etc in tact. Help please!

Former Community Member
The HTML conversion in PDF/G was added in version 8

Former Community Member
I have a pdf form and i want to get data from form in a XML format. I assume that is doable using Export feature of Adobe Live Cycle.

However, by default, in this XML, every cell is converted to an element in XML. However, I want to get some cells as attributes.

Is it doable?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Former Community Member
No ....by default that is the way it works. You coudl apply a style sheet to reformat the XML in the way that you want.

Former Community Member
Thanks,Paul.

Do you have some online resources which could be helpful in learning and applying style sheets for reformatting XML?

some links etc..

Thank you!

Former Community Member
There are plenty of sites out there. Simply do a search for XSLT and you will find plenty of material.

Former Community Member
hi all,

actually i want to know is there some code to extract xsd from pdf form in java through itext.

thanx and regards,

Gaurav