Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Generator IPP Printer doesn't work with windows auth

Former Community Member
Hi,

it isn't possible to set automatic windows authentication for pdf generator printer.

Bug or feature?
4 Replies

Level 1
Hi Martin, Have you resolved this? I'm running into this issue as well and certainly hope it's not a "feature". We're pushing this IPP printer soon and want authenticating to be as transparent as possible.

Former Community Member
Hi all

I'm facing the same problem...

has anyone solved it?

best regards,

Lorenzo

Employee
Martin, Jeff, Lorenzo:

We've investigated this on the engineering side. We will be able to provide this ability in ES3 -- the next major release of LiveCycle. Currently, it is not possible to get this to work any which way.

However, to solve your current problem: Even today it should be possible to configure the User Management module on the server in such a way that your end users will be able to use their Windows credentials while installing the IPP printer.

Please refer to the User Management documentation or contact Adobe Support if you need to find out the exact steps.

Regards,

Amit Batra

Engineering Manager,

Adobe LiveCycle ES

Level 1
Thanks for the reply, We don't have any problems installing the printer.

I guess the next question is: If pass-through authentication does not work, how is this IPP printer being used by any organization with password policies? Being an enterprise solution, I would suspect most organizations that buy LiveCycle PDFG have password expiry policies as we do.