Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Generator fails on Convert-OCR tif

Former Community Member
Ok, so LC ES Preview up and kinda running (on XP SP2 Virtual PC, 2gb RAM)

Went to create PDF direct from LCPDFG UI (so, http://localhost:8080/adminui/. etc and a .tif converted fine to an image .pdf

However, when I chose opton 'File Type Settings - Standard OCR' I just got error msg:

'PDFGenerator Process Launcher has encountered aproblem... with ntdll.dll - pdfgen.exe mdmp and appcompat.txt mentioned.

The .tif converts and ocrs fine in stand-alone Acrobat 8 Pro.

p.s. - Error code: 1000 - error msg: ALC-PDF-001-000 Conversion failed because of an exception. RuntimeException:CausedByException is: An unexptected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Trying Acrobat was the right course of action. Be sure that no other processes are using Acrobat other than LiveCycle. Your app server will manage the requests to Acrobat so anything that runs through PDFg will be OK. If you're using Arobat for other purposes or if others have access to Acrobat on your system then this could be the cause.

Check to be sure the environment variables are set up correctly - this should be done automatically during installation and deployment.

Former Community Member
Hi Jess - ES is jut running on a virgin XP SP2 Virtual PC (2gb RAM dedicated) so no other processes should be accessing it.

One thing I wondered - for the ES Preview, you get a 30 day eval of Acrobat 8.1 Pro - which of course usually comes up with the 'this is an eval - do you want to buy/continue' I would not have thought it would have been included if a problem, but could that be it?

"Check to be sure the environment variables are set up correctly - this should be done automatically during installation and deployment."

- all the JDK stuff was checked and seemed fine.

Major problem is the vagueness of the LC error msg - any way to get more detailed error info??

Thanks

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am aso having same 'PDFGenerator Process Launcher' error. Could you please advice how to sove this.

Regards,

Prabudass