Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Fillin Forms with Digital Signitures - Roaming, LDAP

Former Community Member
Hello, my organization is trying to be more "Green" by taking regular PDF documents that use to be printed, filled in by hand, signed and then routed... To a PDF fill-in form that contains a Digital Signature Block. I can easily and successfully create PDF fill-in forms, where Im running into an issue is with the Digital Signatures.

I can easily create a Digital Signature that is stored on my local computer and sign documents then forward them via email on to the recipient. However, what we would like and have been failing and making happen is to set up a signing server where the signer can fill out the PDF form and then sign the document by pulling their digital signature from a Directory Server, in our case LDAP or Active Directory.

From the information that I have found on the web I know this can be done without use of expensive third party applications. However, I have not found information on how to do this other then this simple 3 line instruction which did not work for us. - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/8.0w/Professional/help.html?content=WS58a04a822e3e50102bd6151097...

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
1 Reply

Level 1

I'm trying to find a reasonable way to do pdf forms that can be emailed to our patients to fill out and return (submit) to us. Can you help? Of course, my patients are not going to have special software to enable them to fill out the pdf form. I need to be able to do everything to make it work from my end. I hope you can help.

Peggy

cooperhousepublishing@yahoo.com