Expand my Community achievements bar.

Omniform 5 vs LiveCycle

Former Community Member
I have been using Omniforms for several years now. I do have several dozen documents already laid out in Omniforms, and a lot of time invested in doing so. Now I find recently that Nuance is not going to update OmniForm 5.0, but apparently just phase that package out, I do suspect it's due to the competing products at Adobe. So what am I supposed to do with the dozens of forms (many of them having calculated fields)? Do I continue on using OmniForms or do I bring all of those into LiveCycle, or a similar software product? I'm not sure what to do? I have always liked OmniForm, but as they phase it out I'm going to have to migrate to some other software package. If I do bring them into LiveCycle it going to take me a very long time to reload each adn every form. Can I bring all of those into LiveCycle? Any advice?

Jim
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You sounded as if you already knew that you must convert your lovely OminForms to something. So, just do it! The longer you wait, the more painful it's gonna be, trust me. Do you need somebody to push you out of the airplane before you can enjoy the thrill of sky diving?

As to which Form system you convert to, that's for you to evaluate; each person/organization has their own reasons to pick certain software. Only your heart knows what's best for you.

On the other hand, I know NASA still runs some software/hardware that's 20, 30 years old. If you have the resources like NASA has, and you can find a way to support your OmniForms fully until you die, maybe you won't need to worry.