Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

NoClassDefFoundError: ServiceClientFactoryProperties ?

Former Community Member
Hi

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but i am using a java servlet example from an Adobe documentin a dynamic web project to try to submit data from a PDF to a LiveCycle process. I export the project to my JBoss deploy folder.

I then call the PDF from a Flex application, enter dummy data and click submit, which gives me

NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/idp/dsc/clientsdk/ServiceClientFactoryProperties which points to this block of code in my servlet:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Properties connectionProps = new Properties();

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT,

"jnp://localhost:1099");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,

ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE,

"JBoss");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME,

"administrator");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD,

"password");

----------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, it's throwing the error when it tries to set the property using ServiceClientFactoryProperties

I have imported all the correct libraries, and I don't get any errors when I compile the project or export it.

I am at a loss as what to do?
4 Replies

Level 10
Do you have the adobe-livecycle-client.jar in your project?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Yes, I have all the JAR files that the documentation told me to use,

but now I have found a warning from eclipse relating to my problem saying:

Classpath entry C:/Adobe/LiveCycle8.2/LiveCycle_ES_SDK/client-libs/common/adobe-forms-client.jar will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result.

I imported all my JAR's by right clicking on my project>properties>java build path>add external JAR's

Is there another way that I am supposed to be importing these JAR's, because that seems to be the root of my problem?

Former Community Member
Sorry, BTW, It's giving me that warning about every JAR I have imported (ie: adobe-livecycle-client.jar); not just adobe-forms-client.jar

Level 10
When you add external jars from project>properties>Java build path>add external JAR, it doesn't necessary include them in you web app when you compile it.

They are just references used by Eclipse to compile your code properly.

Try to right click on the web-inf/lib folder and import the jar manually, so they get packaged in your web application.

Jasmin