Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

No output when using ODA in WS Cluster

Level 2
I am trying to dynamically assemble multiple documents using the new On Demand Assmebly module in a WebSphere cluster with a load balanced cluster of web servers in front of LC. While the process calls the ODA successfully, the output document is empty. Yes, I am building and passing a DXFA file to the ODA.

This is the same behavior I experienced while running the "old" DDG solution accelerator in the same environment - although the DDG would work approximately 50% of the time, depending on which server was being hit between process steps. BTW - the DDG also functioned correctly in a single server enviroment. (ok - the Turnkey on JBoss; which I would certainly expect to work)
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

Are you able to stitch forms using ODA if ODAService config parameter, "ODA Web App URL" points to a single node instead of cluster?

Where are the XDPs placed? In file system or repository? If they are placed in repository can you please place them in file system and retry (the templates location in dxfa will also have to be changed).

Can you please try to deploy ODASample and test it. For running ODASample just zip the contents of ODASample.war folder into a file named ODASample.war, deploy this war file and hit the URL http://machineName:port/ODASample/index.html.

Thanks,

Kapil

Level 2
While the URL for ODAWebApp was originally pointed at the web server/load balancer - I have changed it to point to one server on the cluster. Additionally, to aid in testing, we have disabled one of the app servers on the cluster to force all activity on the same server. (it was the only way to get the old DDG to work consistently) Regardless, after changing the URL, the ODA still does not produce any output. The XDP's are currently on a file system. I have not tried retrieving them from the repository (the old DDG could not retrieve them from the repository in our cluster, so we copied the XDP's to a file system on shared disk ) I can change the script/DXFA to retrieve the XDP's from the repository to see if that works. The XDFA file is also the same exact file (built with the same script) that we use with the DDG. I will examine the tech notes again to see if there is a difference required. We have recycled that server and still get the same result. I will install the ODA debug later and report the results.

Level 2
BTW - running the ODASample process results in no output either.

Former Community Member
Hi,

Could you deploy the debug ODA build and run the samples? Please send me the logs, that will help to analyze the problem.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Community Member
Hi,

Regarding ODASample issue, the dxfa files bundled inside ODASample have a hardcoded userid and password of system administrator. Please ensure to modify them according to your environment.

Thanks,

Kapil