Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newby w/ Flow Question...

Former Community Member
Hi, just diving into this program. I've been reading the docs all day & just cant figure out the flow business.

I'm trying to create a Memo template form for my office, master page has the logo & page number. First page has Text Fields for From, To, Project Number etc.. (like a fax cover sheet). Then what I need is a text field that will expand onto as many pages as the user types content into.

From what I can gather in the docs this might only be possible with a table, not text field? That's fine, but I cant get it to work either. Can anyone please steer me straight?

thanks!

-jamie
9 Replies

Former Community Member
The field can expand (it must be in a flowable subform). Then you must set the field to be multiline and allow the field to exapnd in the "y" direction.

Former Community Member
Thanks for replying.

When I try that, I get a scroll bar in the field as it runs out of space. How do I disable that 'feature' in favor of another page?

Former Community Member
Ok - so you just click out of the box & then it generates the next page... thanks!

Former Community Member
The field will not expand to fit until you leave the field. This is as designed. In verion 9 the field will split over two pages ....I do not think that it will flow over a page in earlier release.

Former Community Member
Thanks,

next question for you?

How can I make an image field editable by the user? Got the form all set & the first manager asked "How can I paste in an image??"

Former Community Member
You can't paste in an image but if you make it an image field they can click on th efield an it will allow them to choose an image through a file dialog.

Former Community Member
Well that sounds about as good as one can hope for. Sorry to keep pestering you, but how do I get that dialog box? I'm not getting the same checkboxes for "user editable" on image field that I was for text fields?

Former Community Member
Drop an Image Field (not an Image Object) onto the palette. render the form and click on the image field. the dialog will pop up.

Former Community Member
Thank you very much. That worked wonderfully. I'm a bit amazed at the unhelpfulness of the "help" files in this app. Not great when it says that you can do something but not how...

So, I copy/pasted the Add Item feature from the Order Form template, so that my users can add multiple images & put the image field in there instead of a drop-down list. Works great to add as many as you want. However, the remove function somehow changed its usefulness in the process. I'm not on the machine with LiveCycle at the moment so can't copy paste, but the remove button is something like removeItem(subsection.parent.this) or similar. In the original instance (the template) it removes whichever instance of the subsection its part of, when I changed the pull-down list to an ImageField now it just deletes whichever subsection is added last? Any guesses?

And can you recommend any good learning resources for this program? I took a semester of C about 10 years ago, the java isnt totally foreign, but a good book would be nice...

thanks!