Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newbie with fill-able form distribution questions

Former Community Member
Please can someone help me understand a few things about creating electronic forms in LiveCyle Designer ES so our HR department can:

Make the blank forms available on our Intranet

Make the forms fill-able by our own employees with Intranet access and Acrobat Reader 6 and above.

Allow the form and the form data to be emailed back to HR as an PDF attachment

Allow HR to send out the part filled form as an email attachment to Authorising managers (numerous people involved in the authorisation process)

Allow the authorising managers to submit their authorisations back to HR

Allow HR to store and print the completed forms with all the authorisations (not digital signatures, just email addresses I think)

Is the above possible just using LiveCycle Designer ES (stand-alone version) to create the forms, saving as 6.x, setting the compatibility tab settings correctly, sending to HR so they can do the distribution bit in Acrobat and then putting the form_distributed.pdf file on the Intranet? Or do we need other tools to accomplish the above?

Best Regards to all.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm pretty sure this is possible with a standalone version of LiveCycle Designer. I don't believe any of the functionality you described requires a LiveCycle server. My only caution would be the use of Adobe Reader 6.0. At the very least, if you can push the use Reader 7.0 (or even better 8.0), your ideas will function better. There is a pretty big gap from 6.0-7.0. If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to email me.

Hope this helps!

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
If you are using Reader then you will require a copy if Acrobat to Reader Extend the form to allow local saving of the file and data.

Former Community Member
Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Regards

John