Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newbie here- can't save data in forms w/ Adobe Pro

Former Community Member
I am brand new to creating forms, so please be gentle.

I originally posted this in the Adobe Acrobat general forum and someone suggested I post it here.

I have a user that is creating a fillable form she imported from Word. It uses LiveCycle and creates the form fine. After she creates the form she pulls it up in Adobe Pro 7.0 and fills it out. She is able to Save As, but when she pulls the form up that should have the data in it, she is just getting the blank form and all of the into she entered is not there. She has other forms that she has created (but I don't know if she created them from Word) that she can fill out and when she saves them the data appears when she opens them

I was able to recreate the problem on my own PC when I created a form from Word.

We are definitely opening the PDF in Pro, not reader. We are also able to Save As and it saves, minus the data. What are we doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all help.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem with my Purchase order where I have fields calculated. All my info will save except for that. I have looked EVERYWHERE I feel like. If you figure it out let me know, vice versa. I have subscribed to this also. One thing I did get to stay when I saved was in the "object" I went to binding and changed it from "none" to "normal" and that fixed one thing, but not my others. Maybe that will help you. Good Luck!

Former Community Member
Hi Sandi, I did figure this out finally. In your object palet, go to Binding and make sure Binding is set to "normal" and you data should save. Mine did.

Good Luck.

Level 2
Another way to fix your problem is that the fillable form should be published. If you publish it (distribute, then save for later) the form will save the data in it and will allow you to save it under a different name.

By doing the above it will allow you to open the file in Adobe Reader as well, input your data and save it.

Former Community Member
Hi Kim

You're a god (goddess).

I just spent the last 6 hours looking for the information that you posted above.

Thanks