Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Need Help with Radio Buttons

Former Community Member
Hello

I have created 2 radio buttons on my form (with text just to the right of each button that says "Yes" and "No") ... right now, these buttons dont seem to be linked ... so it's possible for users to select BOTH yes and no.

I think I need to somehow wrap something called an "Exclusion Group" around these two radio buttons, but I cannot find any menu items saying "Add exclusion group" ... or "Group Radio Buttons" ...

How do I group two radio buttons together so if someone checks the YES button, the NO button automatically unchecks.

If you post (bless you) but please be VERY CLEAR in your answers because I find the menu's very confusing ... and I have only been working with this software for 2 days.

Do I need to hardwire the titles of the Radio buttons to something specific to get them to work ... Or do I need to set the options of each radio button to something specific?

Thank you so much for your time
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I found that this works:

Display the Hieracrhy. There you'll probably see that you have two radio button lists.

Select each of the radio button lists by holding the shift key when you click on them.

Then right-click (still within the Hierarchy area), which will display some menu options.

Select Merge Radio Button Groups.

You'll then see that the two buttons are wrapped together. You'll probably also see a little red warning symbol, which will tell you that you have two buttons with the same value. To correct that, open the Object pallet and select the Binding tab. The values of your two buttons should be displayed here. If you don't see them, click on the Specify Item Values box.

You will see that both items have a value of "1". Double-click on the second one and change the "1" to a "2". That should fix it.

There may be a simpler way to do this but I'm just starting out, too, and this is the way that works for me. Hope it helps!

Former Community Member
Jane, Thank you so much. This worked like a charm! You would think the software designers would have made this easier since radio buttons are such a basic function. Again thanks for taking the time to respond.

Former Community Member
Typically, I've found that the radio buttons will group together as they're created so you wouldn't normally run into this problem.

I'm also just starting to create forms, some with lots of buttons, so I'm getting a lot of trial-and-error experience. Glad it worked for you.