My Drop down list won't work in Adobe Reader 9

23-07-2008

I have a form that I created in Adobe Designer 7 but have opened and saved in Adobe Designer 9 (also redid the connection string, because it didn't like 7's). Now I can open and use the form normally in Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 and 9 and in the PDF previews of both Designers. But Adobe Reader 9 won't let the drop down list function the way it is supposed to. Also my form has fields that are binded to a SQL Server 2K5 database.

Now if Adobe Reader does not allow database connections or fields binded to them, is there a way to get similar functionality in any way?

Replies

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

24-07-2008

If you are populating that DD via DB call or a WS call from the form the form must be Reader Extendeded to allow the connection to happen

24-07-2008

Reader Extended? Is that when you open the PDF in Acrobat Pro, go to Advanced, and click "Extend Features in Adobe Reader"? I did that and it still didn't work. Matter of fact it locked up the PDF when I tried to open it in Acrobat Pro 7 or 9.

Or is that Adobe Reader Extension ES package?

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

24-07-2008

I work on the server side so I always use the Adobe Reader Extensions ES package in livecycle.

24-07-2008

Ah. Unfortunately, I have no server and no ES package. It looks like a non-expensive solution is becoming less likely.